some electrical locomotives

Started by loupgarou, September 28, 2012, 01:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

I have a few railway whifs, done a few years ago, that (sorry) can be understood only by continental-european-railway fans.
They are in HO (1/87) scale, the first 2 are quick and dirty jobs, done as gags for my model railway group.
First one is a swiss railways Re 2/2", for light rapid trains in the steppes of central Switzerland. <_<
Second one: Italy has a tradition of articulated electrical locos, and also in Italy there is a obesity problem, so, to pull long trains of overweight commuters, the italian railways had to built 4-elements articulated locos:

Third one is a more serious work: the REAL first prototype of the E444.
Explication: the early italian electrical locomotives were triphase, that required 2 electrical lines and special current collectors. This system was abandoned in the early '30 in favour of 3000 V continuous current. Pre-war the colours for fast locos were black with dark red underbody and black details. The best classes of locos sported bronze "fasci" under the cab.
In reality the E444 is a loco from the '60, I have done it in the correct colour scheme for a pre-war loco and scratch-built (in brass) current collectors.

Obviously, all locos are working models for a regular use.  :lol:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Tremendous work loupgarou!  :thumbsup:

Being both a railway modeller and an ex-railway employee I appreciate them greatly, but the quad-artic is a total HOOT!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

These are great! So, will you do an Re 8/8 next?

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 28, 2012, 11:18:32 PM
but the quad-artic is a total HOOT!  ;D

Absolutely  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D Nice to see these railway Wifs
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TsrJoe

really neat work 'loupgarou', its always fun to see freelance models on a track layout at shows, a field which has a long history indeed, my late father (and indeed his dad too) regularly repainting and modifying locomotives for various purposes  :thumbsup:

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Go4fun

I had a torid affair with N-Scale railroading once. Had my own short line/ connecting line The Kaw Valley Southern. I love seeing WhIf railroad trains.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Go4fun on October 01, 2012, 07:34:47 AM
I had a torid affair with N-Scale railroading once. Had my own short line/ connecting line The Kaw Valley Southern. I love seeing WhIf railroad trains.

Me too, except my 'own road' was a major railroad, the Pinetree and Western Railroad, shortened to 'Pinewest' in the 70s. The layout was two N-Trak (UK size) modules joined end to end with run-around turns and a large fiddle yard at the rear. I'll see if I can post some pics when I get home.

I did a Whiffed freight train for it with an ULTRA-short E7, box car and caboose too.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Thanks for your kind comments.
I am not alone, I see, being interested in trains.  <_<
Now I have some aircraft projects in development, I hope to show some photos soon.
Paolo
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Go4fun

Here is the color scheme I ran on Freight/Commuter trains on the Kaw Valley Southern AKA "The Kaw".
"Just which planet are you from again"?

loupgarou

Striking schema, Go4fun!
loupgarou