Messerschmitt Bf-109 ½ x2

Started by Tophe, November 09, 2013, 08:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

My brother asked me what I want for my forthcoming birthday and Christmas (2 days distance between them), and I said my project is a « single-engined twin-'twin-engined Bf-109'»... This seems complicated but I can show you easily from a Spitfire equivalent :

The Bf-109 with free nose and lateral engines is the Unicraft kit
http://www.unicraft.biz/germ/me110m/me110m.htm
The Me-110/109 puzzle would be solved: yes, my Bf-109 ½ x2 is single-engined like every (piston) 109...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Here is the project of mine, for 2014 (step 4 below):

Tophe

Without asymmetry, this would not be plainly Tophe... So let me show you the final, way, simplified:

This is better tail for anti-torque purpose (with a single engine)

Tophe

Igor of Unicraft authorized me to Photoshop his box-art, into my project:

in fact, I use Photopaint 6 and not Photoshop, and the final model will have one engine, not 3 ; Igor confirmed the box contents propeller blades and landing gears

Tophe

With a little more Photopaint6 editing, here is the final project of mine:

(using available view, as mine will be civilian not Nazi but Filipino, all sky-blue with black canopies)

Modelling_Mushi

I look forward to this one Tophe (as I do all your builds).
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Tophe

Thanks MM!

Quote from: Tophe on November 10, 2013, 05:32:24 PM
(using available view, as mine will be civilian not Nazi but Filipino, all sky-blue with black canopies)
And as I am unable to handle properly thermoformed canopies, and as I dislike guns, here is the tourism plane I plan to build in 2014, 1/72:

Tophe

The kits are ordered, but my brother will keep them untill Christmas day... :-\

Tophe

Christmas is behind and I got the kits. A good surprise is that they include 2 types of tails: bf-109-like and bf-110-like... I don't know yet how I will combine that.

A less good surprise is the scale is not the expected 1/72 but far bigger, maybe 1/48 (I'll have to check). The text says 1/10 from the actual wood model.

Vulcan7

Some ace designs Tophe  :thumbsup: can't wait for the build  :ph34r: :tornado: :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Tophe

Thanks! Well, building has started, it is not easy with this resin.

Tophe

Using the two-fins option, here is the new basis for my model:

nighthunter

I like the top two, then again, I have always had OCD and the third one makes me twitch...
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Tophe

What is OCD? Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ? And twitch seems to mean both attractiveness and compulsive move...
Anyway, feel free to build the classical one(s), better than I could do - I am just compensating my lack of skills by originality of the derivative.

dumaniac

Hi Trophe

I have started the twin engine 109 with a single fuselage in 48 - basically a me 110 with a 109 fuselage

I had an old Fujimi 110 kit in 48 to cut up - but I am  slow builder so don't expect anything soon - still working on how to make the bigger 110 wings fit onto the smaller 109 wing shape

I look forward to your build

cheers

Dumaniac