YF-23 Black Widow - FINISHED!

Started by DogfighterZen, March 19, 2017, 07:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Not my cup of tea but an excellent build.
Well done DFZ.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Snowtrooper on November 02, 2017, 02:07:02 AM
The black spine and fins suit her really well - not the least because they invoke images of the hi-viz scheme of VF-84 Jolly Rogers :thumbsup:

Good thing that I already have two Italeri Black Widows in the stash, I can see that they will become rather scarce and expensive in the near future due to this build... ;D

Yes, the Jolly Rogers scheme was my inspiration, one of my favorites. :thumbsup:
These Italeri kits are already too expensive, some on ebay now are going for over £60/70...

Quote from: zenrat on November 02, 2017, 02:44:23 AM
Not my cup of tea but an excellent build.
Well done DFZ.
:thumbsup:

Thank you, mate! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Snowtrooper

Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 02, 2017, 03:57:16 AM
These Italeri kits are already too expensive, some on ebay now are going for over £60/70...
Looks like I have been extremely lucky then - I bought the other at €20 a few years back from the bay of evil, and last year found another in LHS's second-hand shelf for €10... :o

DogfighterZen

Yes, you have been very lucky indeed, the cheapest i bought was 20€, the most expensive was 35...  :rolleyes: But i had to do it cause i didn't know if i'd have the chance again. Looked for them for a few months in a row, and the only edition i didn't buy was the original Italeri boxing, this kit was the Revell and the Tamiya and Testors are in the stash, along with the DML kit.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 02, 2017, 07:25:18 AM
That's very well done sir  :thumbsup:

Thank you, Sir!  :cheers: I have to admit, i really like how this came out. And although this may sound arrogant to some, i've always been a fan of the YF-23's design but i like it even more with the 4 poster tail configuration... :angel:

:cheers:

TheChronicOne

Man, this even better on the 3rd or 4th pass or whatever this is now.  ;D ;D

Every time I check the thread I go back and look at the pics again.  :mellow: ;D

Anyway, it just occurred to me this time, that GMTA and the one I just finished a few days ago shares a trait with this glorious airplane.... ;  the black streak down the backside!!  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :wacko:

Evil lurks. . . ..  ;)

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

I'm glad you like the arachnid, thanks again, brotha!  :thumbsup:
Re the black backs, i've always wanted to paint something in that type of scheme, and now i'm wondering why didn't i do it sooner... Could've done it on my Portuguese Navy F-18D... Even F-16s look good with that type of scheme... and that reminds me, i've got a Viper on the bench... :wacko:

DogfighterZen

Took a few more pics of this bird cause it was too cloudy on the day i took the first pics of the finished model...

Really happy with how this build came out, and these pics also came out a bit better, might even seduce one of you into nominating it for the whiffies, who knows... :angel: ;D

TheChronicOne

You already know, bud!!

The only way this could look any more real was if you had a big airfield diorama and something other than a bunch of bricks in the background.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 19, 2017, 08:13:38 AM
You already know, bud!!

The only way this could look any more real was if you had a big airfield diorama and something other than a bunch of bricks in the background.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D Thank you, once again, bro!  :thumbsup:
I know it's not a winner but i honestly think it deserves the honor of being among the chosen ones, even if, just for me to have the privilege of receiving an invitation to be present at the awards ceremony... as well as, being able to enjoy the excellent catering service, kindly provided by our friend Fred. ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regarding pics, you're right, i should do something about that situation... First, i need proper lights in my cave, then i'd like to build some sort of hangar or runway dio for the beauty pics... I should try to make it portable so i can take it outside and take advantage of living in one of the world's regions with more sunlight hours a year, i've always liked pictures of models taken with natural... And i should probably think about a better camera on the long run... :rolleyes:

TheChronicOne

You're welcome!!!  Well deserving.  :mellow: :lol:

You're in the same exact picture-process-boat I am.  I've occasionally had a look around eBay for a good digital camera but as far as the rest.... I'm thinking of painting the top of my metal table outside with runway markings and stuff.  ;D ;D  Can't do much about the background but I'd like to find a big print or poster or whatever to mount on some big paper-board backing or.... whatever.... Like...   Well, TomZ's stuff is my inspiration.

I can't help but think all the knick knacks, piles of crap, lawn equipment, medicine bottles, chandaliers, and the rest of the malarkey that has nothing to do with aviation takes off some points in the Glamour Shotz (TM) department.  :unsure: ;D

Laziness is a big contributing factor as well...  :angel:
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 19, 2017, 09:43:27 AM
Laziness is a big contributing factor as well...  :angel:

Seems to be a major factor in a lot of subjects for most of us... :angel: ;D

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

chrisonord

Those outdoor pics really do the plane more justice, it looks a lot more "real" now. :wub: Mine is sat on the bottom shelf of the display cabinet, stealthily intercepting dust  :lol: I have the Revel boxing of it in the stash too which is probably the Italeri one. That will be a Marine corps I think.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!