Tupolev Tu-95/-142 - the mighty "Bear"

Started by ChernayaAkula, September 02, 2009, 03:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Just messing around with a "Bear"-planform. The wings have a lay-out like the Blohm & Voss P.188.01. The horizontal stabilators were changed to an end-plate design.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

anthonyp

Holy...!!!  Ya know, that's something the Russians would try.  Now where'd I put those 1/700 Bears I've got...
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

dy031101

Does the Tu-142 still retain some sort of bombing capabilities?
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Wyrmshadow

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 02, 2009, 03:41:09 PM
Just messing around with a "Bear"-planform. The wings have a lay-out like the Blohm & Voss P.188.01. The horizontal stabilators were changed to an end-plate design.
someone already beat you to it.
http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=4861
Just hit the play button.
Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/

Shasper

I believe the -142s are weapons capable, mostly torpedos, depthcharges & other ASW weapons.
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

ChernayaAkula

Comrade Anatoly, go ahead and make a glorious whif for glorious Soviet Naval Aviation to scare capitalist running-dog ships out of the water!  :wacko:

Quote from: Wyrmshadow on September 02, 2009, 06:31:49 PM
someone already beat you to it.
http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=4861
Just hit the play button.

D'oh! You're correct. And thinking about it, I think someone posted a link to that video earlier here on whatfifmodelers. Then I posted a topic of that HERE ON ARC.  :rolleyes: So that may well have been the inspiration for this profile, even if I didn't remember it.  :lol: EDIT: Going by my topic on ARC, it was all entirely ysi-maniac's fault.  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Sauragnmon

Shasper's right, I think, and additionally, the Tu-95K-22 which could deliver the AS-4, was a modified 142 airframe.  Some of the later mods are similar I think.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ChernayaAkula

Inspired by Glenn's B-36C "reversed Peacemaker", here's a reversed Bear.

This was just an intermediate step, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Because the only thing cooler than 32 prop blades are 64!  :wacko:

While burning through a lot of fuel, these eight engines provided a unique form of missile defence. Once an AAM got too close to the Bear, the massive sound waves from sixteen counter-rotating props shook loose the electronics in the missiles and they'd simply fall out of the sky. :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

rickshaw

I think the propwash would make sure no AAM could get close enough to damage that bomber!  :)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Scooterman

Good lord, imagine the radar return on 64 blades!!!!!

Cobra

Yeah,But Picture The Ground Crews Working their Tails off,With All those Props :rolleyes: :wacko: Keep up the great Work :thumbsup: :cheers:Dan

GTX

As inspired by Wyrmshadow and sotoolslinger here:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Daryl J.

I've wanted to put a Bearlike tail on an Academy B-50.    :wub: :wub: :wub: