IOWA battleship to aircraft carrier conversion.

Started by seadude, December 11, 2016, 01:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

seadude

seadude

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Nick

seadude

Thanks for the compliments, guys.  :thumbsup:
Though I must say that I am a bit bummed about this model. :(  Unfortuneately, it may not be eligible for entry at several model contests I want to go to this year.  :banghead: At least 4-5 contests have a rule stipulating that the model entry must be the "sole work" of the person entering the model. That counts me out because as I stated at the beginning of Page 1 of this thread, another modeler previously started this model, but couldn't finish it, then gave it to me as a gift to finish and keep. So if I take it to any contests, it will be "For Display Only.". :(

zenrat

I can see why they would have that rule, but it must be frustrating.
It looks great and i'm sure that even if not a competitive entry it'll still attract a lot of attention.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Captain Canada

Chicken dinner !

It's part 3 that does it for me. Seeing the stern and the hangar. But I'm still in love with the bow. Seeing the Battleship poking her nose out like that. Such a great build !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Purplebeard

Stunning. A magnificent piece of work.

Now you just have to do the post-Korean War conversion upgrade to an angle deck and enclosed hurricane bow.