M10 and M36 tank destroyers

Started by ysi_maniac, January 13, 2018, 06:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Interchanging turrets between M10 and M18

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Here, in first drawing, I combine the turret of M10 and the hull of M4A3E8, my favourite components in the vast and complicated (at least, for me) field of US armor during WWII. Second is a conversion in a kind of recce or command version, with gun reduced to 50 mm or so.

ysi_maniac

Love this taiwanese version of M10

rickshaw

What is the gun it is armed with, please?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

Ah, OK.  Seems a strange choice (and some even stranger reasoning at War Thunder) to put a Japanese howitzer on an American AFV...    :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

Very reminiscent of the early Israeli Shermans rearmed with Krupp M1911 75mm field guns, due to the original 75mms being de-milled by having a hole drilled through them.

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 03, 2018, 02:17:11 AM
Very reminiscent of the early Israeli Shermans rearmed with Krupp M1911 75mm field guns, due to the original 75mms being de-milled by having a hole drilled through them.

That would work ! I assume they were intended for civilian/agricultural use only and then got re-directed  :angel:?

Seriously I wasn't aware of this modification. The whole 1948 (I assume it was there about's ?) period is fascinating for what they came up with when forced to think outside the box.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 03, 2018, 02:55:47 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 03, 2018, 02:17:11 AM

That would work ! I assume they were intended for civilian/agricultural use only and then got re-directed  :angel:?

Seriously I wasn't aware of this modification. The whole 1948 (I assume it was there about's ?) period is fascinating for what they came up with when forced to think outside the box.

IIRC they got a collection of wrecks from scrapyards (and some 'delivered' by sympathetic Tankies) and cobbled together a few just in time to help counter the Arab states' push to eradicate them when the British left.
The Shermans were a real mixed bag; a late 47 degree hull and 3-piece transmission cover in one case.
One was armed with a 20mm I think, all they could get hold of in time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post%E2%80%93World_War_II_Sherman_tanks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanks_in_the_Israeli_Army