Gekko Graphics Decals

Started by Gekko_1, April 20, 2006, 07:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son of Damian

I got them at Tauro Models web site http://www.tauromodel.it/inglese/pag%201.htm If you click on a set of decals it might have some profiles of the aircraft that the decals are for on the page http://www.tauromodel.it/inglese/72519.htm but you literally have to go to every decal page to find them all.
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Gekko_1

OK, here's another three Luftwaffe 183's

The first one, "Martha", used in Austria for local defence.

The next, showing over a period of time, the ravages of the Egyptian sun and sand on the paint of a JG300 machine.

and lastly is a JG52 mount used in the Sudan.

I actually managed to find the time to model this one using my Gekko Graphics decals. See below. It took me exactly three weeks to complete.

:cheers:

Richard.

GTX

Richard,

Very nice indeed.  I especially like the tail logo on the JG-52 machine - very appropriate.

What's the armarment on the model?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Gekko_1

QuoteRichard,

Very nice indeed.  I especially like the tail logo on the JG-52 machine - very appropriate.

What's the armarment on the model?

Regards,

Greg
The weapons on the outer pylons are from a Dragon 72nd scale Russian weapons set. The inner weapons come from the kit.

I envisioned this Ta-183 as a "Wild Weasel" :ph34r:

Richard.

Radish

Fabulous, just fabulous, fabulous.
Did I say they were fabulous?
Just fabulous :P  :wub:  :P  :wub:  :P  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Gekko_1

QuoteFabulous, just fabulous, fabulous.
Did I say they were fabulous?
Just fabulous :P  :wub:  :P  :wub:  :P
Thanks Radish, I get the impression you like them :party:

Richard.

NARSES2

:wub: Bloody hell Richard not only great profiles, but now a brilliant model

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gekko_1

Quote:wub: Bloody hell Richard not only great profiles, but now a brilliant model

Chris
Thanks Chris,

that in fact was the last model I've made. Made it about 18 months ago and haven't been able to put glue to plastic since.

Now I'm up to my neck in children! ^_^

Not complaining though, my kids are great! :dum:

Richard.

BlackOps

Very nice build...loved that profile too. Maybe yo could just start getting up at 4:am and work on kits.... :lol:

A real beauty...hope things turn around for you soon...sure like to see more of your builds :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

matrixone

Gekko_1,

Thanks for posting the profiles and the pics of your model, the Ta 183 is my favorite Luft'46 type of all time.

Matrixone

Gekko_1

Here's some more for ya!

Richard.

Archibald

Nice beautiful impressive brilliant cool...superb aircraft, fantastics profiles, good model : KEEP ON  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

lancer

Fantastic profiles as usual Rixhard, and the model is stunning.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

BlackOps

Oooooh, I really like the Tanzania and Congo Huckbeins!

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

Sweeeeeeeeeet build there Richard! I really like your custom decals and paint work on it!

Brian da Basher