Gekko Graphics Decals

Started by Gekko_1, April 20, 2006, 07:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Congo.....BRILLIANT :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Gekko_1

QuoteFantastic profiles as usual Rixhard, and the model is stunning.
Thanks Lancer.

Gekko_1

I was looking at that Congo scheme and thinking about how difficult it would be to do.  :wacko: Then I thought about some variations on that scheme. I then went about doing some experiments. Things weren't turning out too well, then I decided to drop the fourth colour and just work on the three.

This was the first result of that.

Then came this one

Then this

and finally.

Now, out of all of the Congo schemes what would you most like to see done as a model? :wub:  :unsure:

:cheers:

Richard.

Radish

AWESOME!!
Congo....all of 'em!! :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

BlackOps

ship numbers 6, 9, 4 and 7 in order of preference but it is such a small margin of preference between them that any would be really really cool.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

lancer

QuoteAWESOME!!
Congo....all of 'em!! :wub:
I guess that'd be a congo line then eh?? :lol:   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

GTX

Nice Work Richard.  Mind you, by 1950, the Ta-183 would be getting a little long in the tooth.  Maybe these could be passed onto some allies?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Gekko_1

QuoteNice Work Richard.  Mind you, by 1950, the Ta-183 would be getting a little long in the tooth.  Maybe these could be passed onto some allies?

Regards,

Greg
Why would the Ta-183 be long in the tooth by 1950? Wouldn't it only be five years old? Surely they'd last longer than that? :unsure:

Anyway here's a Congolese Air Force hand me down. Wasn't too sure what to do as far as markings were concerned? :(

:cheers:

Richard.

BlackOps

I don't know why but I can just picture one of these ditching in the jungle and being infested with monkeys  :lol:   Maybe a diorama?

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Son of Damian

Another nice one Richard!!! :wub:

QuoteI don't know why but I can just picture one of these ditching in the jungle and being infested with monkeys :lol: Maybe a diorama?
Interesting idea :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

GTX

QuoteWhy would the Ta-183 be long in the tooth by 1950? Wouldn't it only be five years old? Surely they'd last longer than that?

I would imagine they would be rather long in the tooth if you were in constant (or relatively constant) combat as implied by the kill markings.   Whilst now days having an aircraft in frontline duty for 20 - 30 years is common, back then it wouldn't have been.  Think about it - having a Ta-183 in 1950 would be equivalent to having a Bf-109E in front line duty in 1945!  This short service life also carried through to the 1950s - just look at the short service lives of some of the cold war aircraft.  Mind you, you could have it serving in a secondary role such as a close support role or advanced trainer.

Regards,

Greg

John Howling Mouse

While they're all striking, the first Congo version is my personal favorite.
Thinking it would look just as good on a MiG-19 or a Mil-8 helo, too!!

You're extremely talented and creative.  Really impressive ideas and execution.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Gekko_1

QuoteI don't know why but I can just picture one of these ditching in the jungle and being infested with monkeys  :lol:   Maybe a diorama?

Jeff G.
Wouldn't it be nice if Trumpeter did one of these in 32nd or 24th scale. :wub:  

Then you'd be able to make a nice diorama........................monkeys included! :P  

Gekko_1

QuoteWhile they're all striking, the first Congo version is my personal favorite.
Thinking it would look just as good on a MiG-19 or a Mil-8 helo, too!!

You're extremely talented and creative.  Really impressive ideas and execution.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Oh JHM, now you've done it! :o

First off thanks for your kind words! :P

Now, a MiG-19 in those colours :wub:  :blink:  :wacko:  :dum: .........................................(heads off to the kitchen thinking) :dum: .................

GTX

Well there is the AMTech one in 1/48 (and I think Tamiya also has one out in 1/48):

Now as for the monkeys...

Regards,

Greg