Avro Vengeance

Started by SimonR, April 22, 2006, 01:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonR

Following on from the in progress thread here.

It's finally finished! The home stretch was was difficult as I got the chronic shits from eating fish curry in India this week.  Almost had to take the model into the crapper to finish it this afternoon.

The Eduard kabuki masks are fantastic - don't attempt a WW2 era heavy without them. They are the greatest single advance in human civilization since the invention of the pre-nuptial.

Thanks to everybody who gave encouragement along the way, I would never have finished this monster without the positive feedback.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

gooberliberation

================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

K5054NZ

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Simon, just, wow. Speechless. :o  

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Simon,

Sorry was lost for words there for a while - this is simply stunning.  The newspaper clipping is the icing on top of the cake - bravo!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

waynos

That is absolutely bloody marvellous!! Well done! And I am honoured that you chose the name I suggested, nay humbled!

Eddie M.

What a wonderfully beautiful model you've got there. I sure am glad you bought that razor saw. B)  :)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

anthonyp

Simon, that is a thing of beauty!!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

The Rat

Wanders into thread -  :mellow:

Sees picture slowy filling screen -  :huh:

Finally sees entire set -  :o

Tries to imagine effort involved -  :blink:

Can't come close -  :wacko:

Decides to simply enjoy! -  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

:cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Tophe

This is amazing, so lovely :wub:
I just do not understand how an actual newspaper of the 1950s can prove this is not what-if genius :wub:  but sad Reality :( I don't want to trust this article, tell me this is a fake, please, just as psychological help...  Such a beauty lost is a so ugly World, this cannot be... :unsure:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Alvis 3.1

Wow.

I hope you're happy. You made me feel truly inadequate. And I think Tophe has gone bonkers too! ^_^
Beyond words...truly...no emoticon for mouth hanging open

Alvis 3.1

philp

Nice to see it finished.
Looks awesome.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Dork the kit slayer

Just superb.
You may go to the top of the class and be milk monitor for the rest of the term.
Everything that this site should be...well done and thank you.
Be glad to buy you a pint when ever we meet up :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

SimonR

QuoteThis is amazing, so lovely :wub:
I just do not understand how an actual newspaper of the 1950s can prove this is not what-if genius :wub:  but sad Reality :( I don't want to trust this article, tell me this is a fake, please, just as psychological help...  Such a beauty lost is a so ugly World, this cannot be... :unsure:
Yes, the article is a fake. Just something I knocked up in Gimp to add a little flavour.

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone. They will spur me on to higher levels of whiffery!  :)  
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

NARSES2

That is defiantely the dogs do-dahs  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.