Avro Vengeance

Started by SimonR, April 22, 2006, 01:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Absolutely amazingfantasticincrediblewonderfulbeyondwords!!! This is the apex of whiffery Simon!

I am totally astounded.

Brian da Basher

Archibald

I'm really stunned... So beautiful, impressive, sci-fi...great model indeed!!!!!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Ollie

Whoa!!!!!!!!!

:o  :o  :o  :o  

SimonR

Here's some more pictures that capture the look of the thing a little better...

Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Archibald

I followed the building of your model... you took great pain making it but the result is really fantastic! And, icing on the cake it is particularly beautiful and impressive...  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Jack Bobson

A joy to behold. Well done Simon!

Captain Canada

Wow Simon, did that ever come together nice ! Wicked cool, and such an awesome finish.

I especially enjoyed the ground level shots.....what a beast that would have been !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

paulman21

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: you r a mad man!!!!!!!! that is the best wiff i seen in awhile!!!!!! :o  

lancer

That has got to be the finest creation I've seen in a long time. I am awed by it. Totally stunning
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Hobbes

Amazing!
I love it!

So, about those engines: are they proof that industrial espionage worked both ways? The RR NK-12, nicknamed the Rollski. Its design gave RR engineers headaches, the gearboxes that drove the props kept breaking until 'someone' obtained some film of a Bear being serviced, which showed that the Russians hadn't geared the props together at all, but drove each prop independently.  

datguy

Simply awesome.  And awe-inspiring, too.

I loved the newspaper piece, and the ground level shots really bring the whole package together.

Great Work!

DG

overscan

That really is quite magnificent!

Congratulations on a fine model...
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Sisko

Man that is a most impressive Whif!!!!!!!!!! :wub:  :wub:

I think that I could run out of superaltives to express myself  :cheers:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

RotorheadTX

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!  That's incredible!! Not just a jaw-dropper, it's a jaw-breaker!!!!