Avro Vengeance

Started by SimonR, April 22, 2006, 01:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Simon, not much left that hasn't been said already...Ya done yerself  proud! Beautiful job!  :wub:

jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

retro_seventies

marvellous stuff simon - this will go down as a whiff legend.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Captain Canada

You know, we should start a new forum, for 'whif of the year' from the site....anybody care to second the motion to nominate this beauty ?

Wow......
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Love it: end result is even more fantastic than I could have ever imagined.

And the newspaper article: proof that great minds think alike!   ^_^

So far, my own newspaper article is text only: still waiting for final, usable pics of my top secret project:

Posted: Mar 5 2006, 02:57 PM  

I must admit, this baby is coming along nicely. At this stage, I can't show pics since I want to surprise you all (I've even done a faux newspaper article for the subject) but it's definitely looking better than I thought it would so far.

And I've certainly gained a lot of new respect for the Meteor.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...opic=8242&st=60

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Allan

Simon,

Stunning, just stunning.

Whiffery at its epogee, its most pure.

Just make you so proud to be a Whffer when sterling work like this is produced.

Allan in Canberra

SimonR

What can I say? I'm blown away by people's reaction to the big V. But it's not just my achievement, it's also the achievement of everbody on this forum who supplied advice, encouragement and inspiration. Without you lot this would never have been built, but would have remained a few sketches or, at best, a box of sawn up kit bits. Thanks again...  :cheers:
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Ollie

Simon, now comes the harsh part.

How the heck are you going to top that Vengeance of yours, eh?

^_^  :cheers:  

SimonR

QuoteSimon, now comes the harsh part.

^_^  :cheers:
Jet powered B-29/Badger kitbash in NMF!  B)  
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Nelbertine

Just to add my congratulations, it's a beautiful piece of work that really fits the look of the period.

Really well done.

Gary

When I see something this amazing, I am often reminded of a phrase from my home in Newfoundland that seems very appropriate. It goes, "Holy poo-poo that's cool!"

We Newfoundlanders are very straight forward.
Getting back into modeling

Eddie M.

QuoteSimon, now comes the harsh part.

^_^  :cheers:
Jet powered B-29/Badger kitbash in NMF!  B)
Have you decided on what scale you'll use? I can only envision how cool it will look. B)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

SimonR

QuoteHave you decided on what scale you'll use? I can only envision how cool it will look. B)
   Eddie
I've got a 1/72 Trump Badger-C somewhere. I've also got a 1/72 Airfix B-29, but it's 60s vintage with the original Roy Cross box artwork so I don't want to use that. I have a meeting in London tomorrow so I might take a detour to Hannants and buy an Academy 1/72 B-29.

I think I recall that the fuselage cross-section of the Badger is actually the same as the Bull which was the Sov B-29 copy. So, hopefully, the end result will be quite harmonious. One thing's for sure; the finish is going to have to be p-e-r-f-e-c-t to get a good alu finish. I forsee much puttysandrepeat ahead.
Simon

Hunter S. Thompson

Eddie M.

I think I recall that the fuselage cross-section of the Badger is actually the same as the Bull which was the Sov B-29 copy. So, hopefully, the end result will be quite harmonious. One thing's for sure; the finish is going to have to be p-e-r-f-e-c-t to get a good alu finish. I forsee much puttysandrepeat ahead.
The finish is exactly why mine isn't going to have NMF. The surgery that I've done on mine is very apparent on close inspection, so it's camo on the go. :) If you do this even close to what I see in my head, it is going to be the bee's knees. B)
    Eddie  
Look behind you!

Mike Wren

:o  crikey! that's amazing!  :wub:  

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

Damn man, that is gorgeous!  :wub:

Wish I had the cash to buy kits specifically to butcher (and the imagination to come up with stuff like that, for that matter!)

Maybe one day I'll do something that good. That and the P-51 (I forget who did it but you all know which one I mean) put me royally to shame  :blink: