Mirage III, Mirage V, Nesher, Dagger, and Kfir

Started by Daryl J., April 22, 2006, 11:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Mixing 1/48 main Mirage 5 with two little 1/144 ones as wingtip jets creates a new mirage, different: <_<

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Mirage8_ax.jpg

ysi_maniac

What if IAI offers a totally new advanced Kfir to Argentina to give it reasonable air combat ability?

Will die without understanding this world.

Tophe

ysi_maniac

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

ysi_maniac

What if IAI improves Kfir with bits recovered from Lavi cancelled project?

glorious.tachikoma

Quote from: Weaver on November 08, 2014, 06:30:51 PM
Just read that Denel in South Africa were studying a whole range of improved wings for the Cheetah, including one with wingtip AAM rails:

Quote1 was the in-service Cheetah wing with dogtooth and leading edge extension outside the dogtooth, 2 and 3 were flown. Number 4 was to be the one with the wingtip stations that suffered due to the budget cuts and ending of the programme.

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this, I have a Kinetic Kfir on the way for a whiff and these schematics will help greatly.

glorious.tachikoma

Here is something I'm experimenting with. The Kinetic Kfir kit is...umm...flashier and softer than Will Smith in a sequined coat, so I don't feel as guilty doing this as if I was working with AMK's kit. I took inspiration from the Cheetah's ACW. It has a more HAL Tejas in it than anything else at this point. I was trying to think of what would be needed to make the Kfir approach the maneuverability of the F-16 without adding any moving parts and trying to omit the canards. I'm trying to decide how much work LERX's would be, as I want to make molds and recast copies of these parts

Tophe

Quote from: glorious.tachikoma on April 06, 2022, 09:56:40 PM
I'm trying to decide how much work LERX's would be
a leading-edge root extension (LERX) on Mirage-like bird? Good idea, I may draw it on my usual Mirage 5, thanks! :thumbsup: ;D