Mirage III, Mirage V, Nesher, Dagger, and Kfir

Started by Daryl J., April 22, 2006, 11:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan H.

Are there any line drawings of both the Mirage 50EV (or Mirage IIING) and the Kfir available.  I'm wanting to 'merge' the drawings to have an upgraded Mirage 50.  The resulting merge will be a Mirage 50 with the long nose, fin fillet and Mirage F.1 refuelling probe, the Kfir dogtooth wings and canards and a GE F404 engine.

The upgraded Mirage will be for an AH Irish Army Air Corps (circa mid/late 1990's).   

:cheers: Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

Weaver

Kit's thread here got me thinking:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23881.0.html

What if the RAF had jumped into the Mirage project early on, and insisted on a side-by-side two-seat trainer, similar to the TF-102?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

That's a neat idea. A Lightning T4 nose grafted onto a Mirage IIE?

Marry a Matchbox T55 to a Frog IIIO? I have both of them........... ;) Hmm, the Mirage fuse may not be wide enough but it's worth looking at.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Given the depth of the Lightning fuselage and the nose intake, I'd have thought a Hunter T.7 would be the way to go. You could give it a sharper nose like the RN's Blue Fox trainers.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

dy031101

Is there a plausible scenario where I can combine the radar nose, cockpit, and other avionics of the interceptor Mirage III/50 with the rest of the Kfir C.2/C.7?

Just thought that it would kickass......
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Weaver

Quote from: dy031101 on April 16, 2009, 10:09:49 AM
Is there a plausible scenario where I can combine the radar nose, cockpit, and other avionics of the interceptor Mirage III/50 with the rest of the Kfir C.2/C.7?

Just thought that it would kickass......

AFAIK, IAI always offered a radar nose with an EL.2031 as an export option, it's just that nobody bit, so just pick a credible export customer, deny them whatever fighter they actually bought, and have them buy Kfirs instead.

- Indiana Jones

dy031101

Quote from: Weaver on April 16, 2009, 11:09:43 AM
AFAIK, IAI always offered a radar nose with an EL.2031 as an export option, it's just that nobody bit, so just pick a credible export customer, deny them whatever fighter they actually bought, and have them buy Kfirs instead.

How would the radar nose have looked like?

====================

To-do list here

Weaver

Quote from: dy031101 on April 16, 2009, 11:14:34 AM
Quote from: Weaver on April 16, 2009, 11:09:43 AM

How would the radar nose have looked like?

Don't know for certain, but I'd imagine it'd be pretty similar to the Mirage III/50....

- Indiana Jones

Archibald

Quote from: Weaver on April 14, 2009, 11:34:12 AM
Kit's thread here got me thinking:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23881.0.html

What if the RAF had jumped into the Mirage project early on, and insisted on a side-by-side two-seat trainer, similar to the TF-102?

Aaargh, beurk, blasphemy, heresy, mon dieu... can't imagine that...
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Mossie

Which heresy is worse Archie, side by side cockpit or the RAF being involved in the Mirages design???
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

I have just dug an old Mirage III BZ out of the stash, it was originally a matchbox one from 1973, but it is a Revell re-box.
What I want to know is, as this is a 2 seater what load out would this thing have carried, as the kit does not have any hardpoints with it.
Would this just be a trainer version or would it have been armed?
It is going to be part of my Honduras Air Force, so it will need a weapons capability.
Cheers.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Archibald

Quote from: Mossie on April 17, 2009, 02:16:03 PM
Which heresy is worse Archie, side by side cockpit or the RAF being involved in the Mirages design???

Just imagining a Mirage III with TF-102 cockpit... disgusting. I despise nationalism or chauvinisme
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

dy031101

I must confess that only the likelinesses of two things will automatically fail my judgement of beauty: plain-vanilla MiG-21 and Su-7......  ;D

So Mirage III with side-by-side cockpit?  I dunno......

====================

To-do list here

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.