Groom Lake F-23

Started by cthulhu77, April 23, 2006, 05:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Looks like a fun little project, a simple kit with a complex paint job (desert fractal):

Brian da Basher

I'm looking forward to seeing your paintjob Greg! I think you're among the most talented of camo artists around these parts.

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Nice little kit....is that 72nd scale ?

Neat to see the weapons bay detail like that.

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

cthulhu77

Yep, 41 nicely molded pieces with zero flash that about snap together...hence the need to bang my head against the wall with the paintjob!

BlackOps

This one is on my wish list for future purchases. Looking forward to your build :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ollie

Don't be a wuss Greg and turn that into a F/A-37 Talon (from the movie "Stealth")...

:wub:  :wub:  

cthulhu77

The cockpit is really plain, tried to spruce it up with seatbelts and some colour painting, still so-so...but at 3/8" x 3/4", there isn't much room for stuff ! This thing is TINY !

Eddie M.

Lookin' pretty snazzy! B) Excellent detail.  :)
     Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Just saw your 1:72 cockpit, Greg.

Gulp!    :wub:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

finished printing out the fractal decals:

Eddie M.

Kick donkey! So, how much do you charge for custom work? ;)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Whose decal sheets do you print on?  I've tried 3 now: all are hit and miss and best.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

Haven't had a problem yet with this paper...I do allow it to dry overnight prior to spraying with clearcoat, then another day to dry before cutting:

http://www.kustomrides.com/xcart/Decal-Pap...er-p-1-c-1.html

SimonR

QuoteWhose decal sheets do you print on?  I've tried 3 now: all are hit and miss and best.
I've had good results with the Experts Choice brand. I've found the printer is as important as the paper. I've just got a Xerox 8550 Phaser wax transfer printer which works very well.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Radish

You use decal for the fractal camo?
Very nice, but isn't painting easier?
I love painting fractal camo....honest! :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen