Groom Lake F-23

Started by cthulhu77, April 23, 2006, 05:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

LOL...as stated before, I did try the paint method, but it did not do justice to the layered effect of the fractal skin.  You have to see this thing in person to appreciate how bizarre the camo works, it changes shape and colour as you move around the model...quite fascinating, really.

Brian da Basher

Wow Greg this one is coming together beautifully. All that hard work with the decals is definately paying off. Another masterpiece in the making.

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Thanks!  The bottom is coming out well too:

cthulhu77

Once all of the decals were dry, it was time to spray on three coats of gloss (one per day, one side only), and now onto the dullcoat, I'm using satin:

Shasper

Geez, thats alot of decaling! How'd you cope?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

cthulhu77

actually, once you get the whole thing into a groove, it goes by rather quickly...I would say I spent about twenty hours doing this jet, but the next one would take about 8-10, since figuring out the "bugs"...

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Hey Greg

That sound you can hear is my jaw hitting the keyboard...... agin. And I've only just got it reset after the last time !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Eddie M.

Outstanding work! When you go to take final photos, becareful you don't put it down in any veggietation. you might lose it. :P  ;)  :lol:
    Eddie
Look behind you!

Allan

Makes my head spin just looking at it---but then again it could be just from total amazement at your skill.

Allan in Canberra

Brian da Basher

Wow Greg wow! Your patience with all those decals is completely beyond anything I'm remotely capable of!  This is one fantastic build!

Brian da Basher

Ollie

Absolutly wicked Greg!

:o  :o  :o  

Damian2

HOLY MOLY! That looks too cool for words!!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

lancer

I've got one word for it...AWSOME. Still, it must've given you a major headache though.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

cthulhu77

Thanks all !  It actually is turned out to be worth the time invested...I learned alot about making custom decals, and dealing with jmn's (lol).  Full shots will be up on MM in the review, but here's a decent front view:

BlackOps

Greg, I like it...it kinda has that "Herd of Great Dane's with muddy feet ran over it" look  :lol:

Looking forward to seeing more pics from different angles.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.