Groom Lake F-23

Started by cthulhu77, April 23, 2006, 05:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

I've got all angles, top to bottom, and the cool base shot, but it will be up on MM...I'll link it over when it pops up.  I agree, it is an odd look, but it kind of grows on ya.

Brian da Basher

I really love the "odd look" of this fractal camo pattern! I am absolutely amazed Greg and I'll be really looking forward to when you post the finished pics! That head-on shot is really incredible!

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Finished the base...a simple mirror sets off all of that hard work I did on the bottom, and an Italeri pilot figure:

K5054NZ

Very very nice Mr Greg! Me likey!

BlackOps

Greg, are there any insignia on her anywhere? Hard to tell through the camo. I like the overall effect very much.

Jeff G.

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

cthulhu77

Thanks you two!  Yep, I used medium gray...but yeah, the whole thing sort of disappears in the camo...heck, guess that's the point, eh?

philp

Looks sharp but it is giving me a headache.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Eddie M.

A masterpiece of modeling and camo B) :wub:  . It reminds me of a Copperhead or Rattlesnake.....waiting to strike. :ph34r:  B)

Beautiful work! Bravo Zulu!
    Eddie  
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Do believe you are the Whif Master of Patient Painting (and decalling)!

This reminds me of the feather-scheme you're doing on your helo, too.

Amazing work.  Don't forget the MM link when it's posted over there.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Sisko

Man that is one cool effect!!! :rolleyes:

The decalling looks awesome I would hate to try that effect by painting.

Thanks for sharing.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Brian da Basher

Oh man Greg this one is absolutelystupendousincredible! I love the fractal camo scheme.....you've pulled it off flawlessly!!! I am awed at your talent, skill, and patience in doing so. Another prize-winning build!

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Hey, thanks guys!  if any of you ever want to do a fractal camo job, let me know, I saved all the print files... pain in the donkey, but it does sort of stand out by being hard to look at. (I agree, it gives me a headache too)

greg

BlackOps

Greg, thanks for the close up, the camo looks even cooler now that I have seen it up close...the only thing I'm worried about is it looks like your pilot has stepped in something nasty, Hope that bird has good rubber floor matts :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

mgp

Your model is......acceptable......(this is where I duck and run from all the missiles thrown my way  ^_^ ) It looks way cool in fact.

Looking at it has given me a whole bunch of ideas for its use:

a fractal Euro 1 scheme with the squares in green, grey and black

air superiority grey versions

standard RAAF three colour camo version or in the experimental Desert scheme of red-brown, tan and black.

Damn, I think I'm starting to hate you  :lol:
Hominem Iniocosum Non Diffidite

Ollie

Greg, that thing is simply amazing!!

:o  :o  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: