A

Dehavilland Dash 9

Started by Alvis 3.1, April 23, 2006, 08:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvis 3.1

With a bit of input from Boeing-Bell too!

I usually don't post inprogress, preferring to pop them out fully done. Why this time? No idea!

Alvis 3.1

I used the Hobbycraft DASH 8 and an Italeri V22, as well as the sponsons from an ESCI V22.

Alvis 3.1

I'm still not sure whose airline to do it in, but overall gloss black is calling me....

Alvis 3.1

BlackOps

Most excellent! Looks like something one of those obnoxiously rich guys would use to fly his harem off to some secluded place for brunch.

You know if you are thinking black you could pop a playboy bunny logo on it and it would be pretty sharp.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

The Rat

This is going to be wonderful!  :wub:  ;)  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Tophe

:wub: Wonderful model, Alvis...
Just a question: in a country as huge as Canada, there is room enough for 5-miles runways, so why a VTOL liner?... I know the Dash-7 was a STOL, the CL-84 Dynavert was VTOL, but explanations would be welcome: is your Dash-9 designed for Export? is it a shuttle for steamer boats? :D  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

elmayerle

Funny, I had the same idea as a collaboration of DHC and Bristol in the development of a very similar Bristol design that shows up in Stuck on the Drawing Board.  Obviously, great (or greatly twisted) minds think alike. :D
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Alvis 3.1

Quote:wub: Wonderful model, Alvis...
Just a question: in a country as huge as Canada, there is room enough for 5-miles runways, so why a VTOL liner?... I know the Dash-7 was a STOL, the CL-84 Dynavert was VTOL, but explanations would be welcome: is your Dash-9 designed for Export? is it a shuttle for steamer boats? :D
Canada has a very large, noisy and sometimes crowded neighbor to the south who not only has a lot of downtown airports, but also a lot of airlines who fly out of them. Yes, I DO mean Venezuela! Lol...kidding!
A lot of our aircraft do get exported, but we also do need to shuttle people from downtown airport to downtown airport, and STOL is better, even in a country as large as ours, as these airports tend to have a lot of people living close to them, so longer runways cannot be put in. Also, if you can make a good sized VTOL aircraft, it can fly off rooftops and very small areas, opening up new spots for these planes to fly from. This allows for shorter waits to take off, as you aren't sharing runway space with larger airliners.
I DO like the idea of flying it off a boat though..let me see...rich person, his own airline, likes to fly from his own boats...egads! I think I just described Donald Trump!

Alvis 3.1

SimonR

Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Captain Canada

Looking good, Alvis !

I'd say go military, since somebody else here just might beat you to the finish line with a civilian version..........

Somebody...you out there ?

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Excellent!

Alvis, how about the Gonzo's paint scheme?

:wub:  :wub:

Apparently Bombardier's working on a Dash 8 replacement...  Can't wait to see that!

:wub:  :wub:  

Alvis 3.1

QuoteThat's very cool, Alvis. How about the HLX colours:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1031519/M/
Hmmm..interesting. Taxi scheme. Hmmmm.

I'd prefer to go civvie on this, as that's what the original proposals from Boeing/Dehavilland were for.
However, if I can fit a radome in there, maybe a STOLAWACS is possible...

Alvis 3.1

seavixen

I reckon the current British Airways scheme would look pretty cool on there!
Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

Gary

QuoteLooking good, Alvis !

I'd say go military, since somebody else here just might beat you to the finish line with a civilian version..........

Somebody...you out there ?

:P
Yep that someone is here. I used drop tank halves for my sponsons.

The interesting thing, the lift created by those engines is more than double the all up weight of the Dasher. That was kinda how I got started. That and I found the chord measurements were almost exactly the same and thought to my self.. self, what can I do with this?

Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

Quotethought to my self.. self, what can I do with this?

At least you weren't troubling us with you're thinking out loud again !

;)

Is that as far as you are, Gary ? Or is that an old pic ?

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?