Post Office woes....

Started by Damian2, April 26, 2006, 04:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian2

Twice in one week! Fecking people (trolls IMHO)...one deal on ARC and one here with Scooterman. Both packages no show, although the one to the ARC dude I suspect is delayed as it took 10 or 11 weeks to get a package to Denmark to Hatchet the last time I sent him something...

And now Scooterman's F-5B...FECK IT ALL TO HELL AND BACK!!! Well I think the F-5B is a write off as its been quite awhile now so I'm sending a second one from the stash (needs thinning anyhow...SWAMBO is not allowing any more models now that I have a paintball marker :D ) but this time with insurance (yeah yeah total retard move on my part for the first one, I claim to be an eccentric geneius not smart....)

So who else has had fun and games with their post services latley?  :party:  
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Scooterman

You already know my woes.......... :angry:  

Scooterman

Just got a PM from Ollie and he managed to get his box today.  At least SOMEBODY is enjoying their new prezzies....... :P  

Ollie

B777LR

I understand you are a biginner to the african postal service? Or should i say Welcome to africa!

Damian2

QuoteI understand you are a biginner to the african postal service? Or should i say Welcome to africa!
To be quite fair this is the frist time a package has gone missing...so not too bad over all slower than pig poo-poo and crappy service but none of ours have "gone postal" yet...
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

B777LR

QuoteI understand you are a biginner to the african postal service? Or should i say Welcome to africa!
To be quite fair this is the frist time a package has gone missing...so not too bad over all slower than pig poo-poo and crappy service but none of ours have "gone postal" yet...
But you live in SA, a bit differant from TZ! Perhaps your packages went on a little diversion to a worse african country?

Allan

Well now, I've been having a little trouble with the OZ post of late. Here's a potted history.

1. a few years ago I won a model on Ebay and also purchased a book on Amazon. I had both sent to a trustworthy mate in Hawaii who then sent them on to me (quicker/cheaper that way)--- nothing arrived.
2. I bought a bio of Gunther Rall the German Ace on Ebay, but nothing turned up. The seller was quite kind about the whole affair and sent me a replacement, which arrived safely. Maybe he didn't really send it the first time-I'll never know.
3. I bought a book about the Triebflugel which hasn't arrived even though it was supposedly sent 3/4 months ago. It was on Ebay with a bid of US$25. Nobody bid so after the close of the bidding I offered about US$20. The seller accepted and I paid, but it hasn't arrived yet. He swears he's sent it.
4. I bought the book Zany Afternoons on Amazon. Hasn't arrived yet. Book paid for.
5. Another book, not modelling related, was supposedly sent to me weeks ago, but hasn't turned up yet. Not too much of a problem because it was agreed that I would pay for it when it arrived. The sender probably thinks I'm ripping him off, though strangely there has been no message from him asking if I have received it yet.
I'm beginning to think I should insist on registered post to Australia from now on.
Allan in Canberra

Sisko

To be honest and I know I'm jinxing myself for saying this because I just bought something on Amazon but I have not had any problems at all.

Everything I ever ordered has arrived. Sometimes months later but it has always come.

I know I can confide in you guys and you won't judge me to harshly buit I am an E-bay virgin. :rolleyes:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Gary

I tried to send a package to New Zealand but it came back the other day. On top of the airmail stickers and the stamp withthe price indicating airmail was a label saying the package must be sent...    Air mail.

When I took this to the PO they claimed that there needed to be a code punched in on the stamp thingy that corresponds to Airmail. Ohterwise it gets routed back. However I had paid for airmail, yet it was my responsability to insure that code, which I have no idea what it is, indicated airmail. So I attempted to purchace postage for my package again,only to be told it had to be rerapped becasue the piss coloured ink on the package wouldn't allow it to go through the system again. I re-wrapped the contents and remailed the package and asked the bovine to show me the tag that indicated that this package would indeed go air mail, and she had no idea where to find it.

Being as the attached grocery store had the wrong caliber bazooka shells for my bazooka, no one died. (I use a C-sized calibre rocket) However, should the package rearrive on my shelf, I've got the address of a good bazooka C-shell seller who can give me the correct calibre.
Getting back into modeling

Brian da Basher

I sent off some styrene to a good friend in Kiwiland (hi Zac!) recently. I sent it Parcel Post. The kind U.S.P.S. clerk said 7-10 days. Well today is day 11. Given Gary's story, I should probably be a bit concerned. I gotta admit, I did get a kick from filling out the customs forms.

Brian da Basher
Small-Scale Styrene Exporter

upnorth

I was recently quite lucky with a swap I did with Nigel Bunker, both the packages involved arrived at their intended destinations without incident or damage. Three cheers for the British and Czech postal systems.

However, when Canada Post screws the pooch they do it in fine style:

About 8 years ago, I tried to order something by mail from a hobby shop in Calgary. Thats two hours driving in a straight line south on Highway 2 from Edmonton, where I was living at the time. A letter between the two cities usually takes no more than a couple of days.

Anyway, three weeks pass and I have nothing. I call the shop and they say they never got it but will keep an eye out and call me as soon as they do get it.

It wasn't registered, so I couldn't have it tracked. After two more months, I go out one day to check the mail, and there is my letter with a "Return to sender" label on it from FIJI! :blink:

How the hell it left the country with clearly insufficient postage to where it ended up is still a mystery as Canada Post had no explanation at all for it.

A few years later, I got a call from a very upset friend who insisted that I "Come over right away". She was in tears and I dropped everything and went running.

When I got there she showed me the problem, a letter to a dear relative of hers on the other end of the country returned to her with the "Deceased" box on the return label marked. I had trouble believing it as the man had come to visit her two months before and he was just about the healthiest old person I had ever seen. Could probably beat me in a 100 metre sprint easily.

I suggested we call him, sure enough, he answered and let us know he was far from dead.

Don't post offices insist on seeing some sort of official documentation of the fact before marking the "Deceased" box if someone tells them to? :angry:  
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

elmayerle

Meh, sounds like something that happened to me a couple years back.  The summer of 2002, I purchased a work of art from a Canadian artist living in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia and the shipped item just apparently disappeared into the mails.  Fast forward to December of 2003 when the item finally showed up in my P.O. Box, despite my having relocated 100 miles north in the meantime.  We never did figure out what had happened to that shipment, but it apparently took the combined efforts of the Canadian Post Office and the US Postal Service to do it.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Allan

My Zany Afternoons book arrived in today's post, after having been shipped from America on 30 March. Today in 3 May.

Allan in Canberra

Jeffry Fontaine

Damian,

Discovered this topic created by you way back when.  After reading your comments describing your experiences with packages, I sure hope things have improved since then.  Would hate to think my own package to you is in the same situation. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg