Main Menu

Z-Hawk

Started by SimonR, May 01, 2006, 09:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonR

Inspired by Shasper's inspirational thread here I've put the JetFortress project on hold to embark on this:

When I was de-stashing the kits to workbench I noticed I bought an SS-12 TEL not a Scud. So instead of launch rails that I could re-use all I've basically got is a giant dildo on a truck. So the rails are going to have to be a scratch-build job.

More updates on this thread as they happen.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

The Rat

Whatcha thinkin', a super RATO?  :P  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

SimonR

QuoteWhatcha thinkin', a super RATO?  :P
Yes! Although I know it'll be hard for anyone who has experienced the power and the glory of the mighty Adour to believe that RATO would be necessary.

Also, 2 x AIM-9 and 2 x SUU-23 fit.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

cthulhu77

looking forward to this one...sounds bizarre and cool !

0MEGA13

Or a tsr-2 laucher ala stratos four anime.  they used a truck based launcher.

:cheers:

B777LR

This super RATO will get the fighter onto mars!

Gary

Needed, One ACME very large rubber band and coyote sized bandages.  

meep meep...

:P

Wicked idea!
Getting back into modeling

SimonR

Finally found some time (been out of the game with an impacted wisdom tooth) to finish the RATO Hawk.

Now, on to the launcher...
Simon

Hunter S. Thompson

Leigh

QuoteI've basically got is a giant dildo on a truck.
Nothing wrong with that, I can think of a few people who might benefit from that.

Love the Hawk, need Spectrum markings, very Captain Scarlet.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Tophe

JHM! JHM! A T-tail Hawk! And with very good reasons for such a layout! Great! :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

BlackOps

I really like the Hawk so far...look forward to seeing more :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

lancer

Love the Hawk. It looks goos as a t-tail.  What are the quad RATO boosters for?? to get the thing into low Earth orbit? What is she gonna carry??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

SimonR

QuoteLove the Hawk. It looks goos as a t-tail.  What are the quad RATO boosters for?? to get the thing into low Earth orbit? What is she gonna carry??
The RATO is for a zero length launch off the back of the truck. The fit will be some combinatin of AIM-9s and gun pods.
Simon

Hunter S. Thompson

Damian2

Simon I love that tail config on the Hawk! Mind if I borrow that??
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

SimonR

I painted and decalled the Hawk while I waited for inspiration when it comes to scratch building the launch rails. My first two attempts looked like an aluminum stepladder and the Forth Road Bridge respectively and have both gone in the bin.

This really is constructed to an appalling standard. The only thing I can offer in mitigation is that I was on massive doses of painkillers for much of the build process.
Simon

Hunter S. Thompson