Meet Fred and Ernie

Started by nev, May 05, 2006, 01:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

I've been waxing lyrical about AB Figures for the last week or so, here's a couple I'm working on.  Just the basic colours, no washes or dry-brushing yet.  These are 1/76 btw
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Will they come to a diorama near denmark?

Captain Canada

I belive that's pronounced 'mongo merry'. Just ask my boss at work.

Nice work, Nevster ! Too bad Legace couldn't handle a puck as well as you handle a brush, eh ?

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

:o  1/76th?!  ;)  I can almost see the steam ring from that cuppa, jolly good!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

BlackOps

Definately Govt. types...standin' around drinkin' coffee  :P

Lookin' Good!

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Patrick H

loking good Nev

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

nev

QuoteDefinately Govt. types...standin' around drinkin' coffee  :P

Lookin' Good!

Jeff G.
Coffee?????  

COFFEE?????!!!???

His Majesties Armed forces would never drink coffee.  That will be a mug of char if you please, 3 sugars.

QuoteWill they come to a diorama near denmark?

Maybe Holland or Belgium.  I don't believe we liberated Denmark, but I stand ready to be corrected.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

Nice figures Nev. Do you use the black undercaot method ?

As for Liberating Denmark, British troops moved in to accept the German surrender after the war finished, same as for Norway

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

B777LR

Hmmm, it seems tha US air force "Liberated" a peice of land on greenland. I think teh place is called Thule! Also, it seems a bit as if canada is trying to take a island called Hans island.  

nev

QuoteNice figures Nev. Do you use the black undercaot method ?

As for Liberating Denmark, British troops moved in to accept the German surrender after the war finished, same as for Norway

Chris
Nope, just Halfords white primer

NARSES2

QuoteNice figures Nev. Do you use the black undercaot method ?

Chris
Nope, just Halfords white primer
On small stuff Black is a good base Nev as it does the shadows for you. Seems to be he norm now in wargames painting. I've used it and found it's good as long as the figures has very well defined detail. dosn't work so well if detail is soft as on plastic figs.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

John Howling Mouse

1:76 scale and with a coffee/tea mug yet---very nicely done.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Alvis 3.1

QuoteHmmm, it seems tha US air force "Liberated" a peice of land on greenland. I think teh place is called Thule! Also, it seems a bit as if canada is trying to take a island called Hans island.
Ummm...well..it's kinda up for contention..but no political posts!

My diplomatic solution: Designate it Santa's Workshop and it can be neutral!

Alvis 3.1

nev

OK, Fred & Ernie all done, here with their mates "Skip" and "Ginger".   And I've just noticed I've forgotten to paint Gingers chin-strap  :dum:  

nev

Ginger & Skip are Milicast (resin) figures.  The detail on them is a lot finer and his disappeared somewhat after a few coats of paint.  The detail on the white metal AB Figures is much more pronounced.

Remember these are 1/76, so in these pics are much bigger than their actual size.