Western Flankers

Started by GTX, May 07, 2006, 11:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogerolim

What do you Think about Brazil? :wub:

The SU-35 participated of (postponed, perhaps forever :( ) FX program of the FAB...

Hammer-nikit

Hi Roger I was the marketing manager for the Sukhoi FX Bid in Brazil, we got close to winning but the PT administration had other prior "comitments" that prevented the best beid to be selected.... :)

Regards

Hammer

Captain Canada

Great thread, guys ! Keep it up !

:wub:

Flankers.........Mmmmm........

One sweet, sweet, kick donkey Mo-fo'ing bird. Especially the Strike Flanker.

Great looking bird, gammaslave. Awesome camo ! And Lancer, get yours up here !

I have two, no, three in partial stages of builtness. All three RCAF. Not to mention the 2 or three packs of trumpeter 350th scale birds I have for my RCN super carriers.

As for users, how about Venezuela ? They're already pissed at the US and are ready to toss their F-16s at them, so why not give 'em a double slap and buy Flankers ? Besides, a big bird like the Flanker in that camo would be to die for !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PolluxDeltaSeven

Well, I just remembered something: from 1991 to 1995 (and maybe before that), some Flanker (I remember 2 sure, maybe 5 more) were buy and send to the US forces and probably based in Nellis...
And UK and France probably got one or two for few times...
Even if there probably is no available photos, somebody know if those fighters received western markings??
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

CanisD

Um...has anyone seen THIS ARTICLE?

Mexican Flankers! And Venezuela is seriously considering them as well. Article

I don't think we have any SU's here in the US, but we did get some Mig-29's from Moldova back in the mid-90's.  
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

GTX

Funny, I've never really thought of the Flanker as a 'Strategic Surveillance' aircraft :lol: .

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Captain Canada

Here's my 'snow leopard' from a few years back. Still, sadly, in about the same state. I'll finish it someday !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PolluxDeltaSeven

I don't think we have any SU's here in the US, but we did get some Mig-29's from Moldova back in the mid-90's.
I think nothing is official... But Ukrainia, Kazakhstan or another "-stan" country sold a couple of Flanker years ago to a "western company" with no other details...
And of course, no company appears to received those Flankers...

But well, it is possible that an aircraft industrial like Boeing or Lockheed bought them to analyse russian technology, that's possible...
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

CanisD

Apparently one of the officials who was involved in the sale of the Moldovan MiG's is on trial over the matter
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

Son of Damian

QuoteMexican Flankers! And Venezuela is seriously considering them as well. Article

Venezuela's F-16A/B's (Block 15), Mirage IIIE's, Mirage 5V/D's, OV-10's, and F-5's are getting old.

If you want more info on them go here http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_161.shtml

I really think that Chavez just wants to De-Americanize his military ASAP. And that he wants to be able to stand toe to toe with the US.

Not to mention I think his is paranoid, and is convinced that Captialist Yanquis are going to attack his country and rape it for it's oil!!! :P  :P  :P

QuoteChavez has said he would buy military aircraft from Russia or China after accusing the U.S. of snubbing him, and has threatened to hand over F-16 technology to Cuba.
Hmmm..... a Veneuelan J-10, hmmm.......

Hand over his F-16s to Cuba, what is he stupid not only would that be asking for a JDAM suppository but what use could Cuba get out of them?? And besides were talking about F-16A's, so what could china or Iran possibly learn from them??

QuoteFunny, I've never really thought of the Flanker as a 'Strategic Surveillance' aircraft  .
Many a government offical has found it easier to garner public support to 'replace' older equipment than to expand the size of the force.

"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Iranian F-14A

Someone say Mexican Flankers?
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever-1984
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk
HAL Light Combat Helicopter
S-64 Skycrane Firefighter

lancer

QuoteOne I finished a few weeks ago.

Chris :tornado:
Nice one Chris. I did a MiG29 in 43sqn markings. I put my Flanker in 56sqn markings
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

I did a Flanker in "post-Coup" markings, of 17 Sqn.
I'll try to find it!
"post-coup" means a combination of Swastikas and roundels, a bit like a variation on my BNP Hawk. :D  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

anthonyp

QuoteSomeone say Mexican Flankers?
ARIBA, COMRADES!!!!!

Mexican Navy Sea Flanker!

:cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Rogerolim

QuoteHi Roger I was the marketing manager for the Sukhoi FX Bid in Brazil, we got close to winning but the PT administration had other prior "comitments" that prevented the best beid to be selected.... :)

Regards

Hammer
Really? yes, thats a pitty. The flanker was the favourite. But now We will have the second-hand Mirage 2000  :(

But, here is the place for dreaming... :) :)