Flamingo challenge…

Started by Tophe, May 13, 2006, 09:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quotefor the canopy framing, why not use masking tape to make painting easier?
I did, I tried, but almost always a tiny drop goes below the tape somehow (when the tape covers a complex volume, with alas folding somewhere). :(
When I painted canopies black, that was not a problem: I corrected by a little black final addition :) , but this is not possible for a clear canopy, I had to increase the width of the painted frame where a little had gone too far. :(
Maybe this looks childish for most masters among you, but I am rather innocent, you know, far from your skills... :(
Anyway, that was the challenge, and the result is not a complete failure, so I feel satisfied... :)  ;)
I hope Pr. JHM will not judge his pupil too severely...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Brian da Basher

Tophe my friend I think Mr. JHM will be proud of his pupil! Your wonderful unique vision has shown intself again in this great project!

You've still got me beat when it comes to detailing cockpits.

Brian da Basher

P.S. I also like the progress you're making on the "pancake" build.

John Howling Mouse

Hey, hey, Christophe: it looks GREAT!!!
The half-T-Tail of course drives me insane (as you and I have discussed) but, as Brian says, asymmetry is your hallmark signature.

Thank you very much for sharing the pictures and I'm glad you took up the challenge to paint the cockpit for an added inner dimension to your dream concept.  You did very well and I think painting a molded-on detail such as those seats is one of the hardest things to accomplish in modeling.

Good on ya, mate!!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Now, would you mind if I take your concept and purposely turn it into a pseudo-Tutor?  As Rat said, that was my first impression as well: with a T-tail, this looks much like Canada's Tutor trainer jet!  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

Thanks dear JHM, I am very happy that you are not badly disappointed by my building your model following your instructions... :)  

Tophe

QuoteNow, would you mind if I take your concept and purposely turn it into a pseudo-Tutor?  As Rat said, that was my first impression as well: with a T-tail, this looks much like Canada's Tutor trainer jet!
Oh, I am very ashamed :(  to discover the code of the Canadair Tutor: 141! :P  I had missed this one in my collection of "141 must be asymmetric (and twin-tail preferred)" at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...showtopic=10863 ...
Thanks to have insisted!