Lockheed CL-1200 Lancer

Started by Archibald, May 23, 2006, 12:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

Merci...
Italy
- Pakistan
- Taiwan
- Tenessee ANG (the four are from the box)
- Netherlands
- Belgium (both from my F-104G)
- Japan (from Tophe former T-2)
????? Help me to chose...  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Tophe

I won't help for choosing a nationality (I prefer it civilian, unfinished...), but I clap my hands a lot for the nice model! :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Archibald

Ok maybe Belgium (cause they had brown/green F-104s if I remember well).
50 Lockheed F-13A in 1970, instead of Mirage V...  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

Here's the r'esult, along my German F-104G

B777LR

Spey_Phantom

:wub:  i love everything in Belgian Markings  :wub:

excelent work  B)  :cheers:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

GTX

QuoteI'm more interested in the -2 version (with the P&W F-100 of the F-16)

Ok, JMN hat on - I believe the PW F-100 version had the rectangular intakes whereas the TF-30 version had the Conical intakes (as per F-104), so it looks like you've modelled the TF-30 version.  JMN Hat off.

Nice model - it would have been interesting to see the CL1200, err... I mean F-13A in real life.  I wonder how it would have performed against the F-16/F-17/F-18 later on.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Archibald

Now I know one of the people trying to kill me for some days... ;)
I must say that my reference is prototypes.com, and I discovered that they had used the F-104 dimensions (for example, span 6.5m) for the CL-1200... not very serious!!!
Well if I was a JMN, I would scrap the exhaust, and ask Heller a Tomcat one.
Thanks everyone...
concerning the F-13A against F-16 and the like, maybe the F-1E could answer to the question. It had roughly the same look as the CL-1200, and the M-53 is not too far from the TF-30 or F-100...
To my mind, had the F-5E Tiger II lost the competition to the V-1000 or Lancer, maybe there would never have had F-16.
Vought and Lockheed projects had so much better performances (for example, Mach 2.57 Vs mach 1.65!!) that they would have eliminate the need for the F-16 / F-17 competition... what do you think about that?

Concerning the F-13A in Belgian service, here's the backstory...
In 1970, the F-5E was the winner of the competition, ok. But Nasa and the USAF wanted some X-27, later dropped because of a lack of funds...
Now, whatif Belgium (and the Netherlands) saved the project? I mean, their F-104 were aeging,, with an enormous attrition rate,  and the Mirage Vs were certainely not the solution...
So the governements managed to save the program. A Join USAF-KNIL-FAB-NASA program was launched, and the Lancer produced in the form of the F-13A...

Archibald

My next projects to follow are both from the aeronavale

- A Breguet mach2 naval fighter of 1958 (instead of Crusaders and Etendards IV), the Br.1120 sirocco (Mirage F-1 use as basis the two are strinkingly similar!!!!)

- An E-1B Tracer (from Mach2) with (Heller) Aeronavale/Hawkeye markings and (Heller)  CL-415 Turboprops...
Stay tunned...  

GTX

Archibald,

Dom't worry, I'm not that much of a JMN - I don't take things that personnal!  If you interested though, I just came across some more information on the development of the Lancer, including a proposed twin engined variant and a naval version.

Regards,

Greg

Archibald

No problem :P As you can see its a trauma for me being persecuted by JMNs :P

I really want to see these drawings... a naval Lancer??!!! was it possible to do that?? I just love two-engine heavy fighters (salvo the Phantom :P )  

Leigh

Yeah I like that :wub:
I'm really interested in this cardboard process. How do you paint and decal it without it going soggy? How do you stop it from drooping? How do you attach styrene missiles securely?
I think we need a full step by step in the tools and tips section.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

elmayerle

QuoteDom't worry, I'm not that much of a JMN - I don't take things that personnal!  If you interested though, I just came across some more information on the development of the Lancer, including a proposed twin engined variant and a naval version.
I'd love to see both the twin-engined and naval versions, too.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Archibald

QuoteI think we need a full step by step in the tools and tips section.
I made it...
I must say that concerning my latest project (a Breguet naval fighter) the paper suffered a bit from the water of the decals. But well, it dried quickly, and there's no problems now. The plane look good!!
GTX, we all wait your pictures impatiently !!!  

GTX

Ok impatient one, here you go:

First the Naval CL1400N:

Now the twin engined CL1600:

If you PM me your email address, I will send you a pdf with more information (Evan, it is already on its way to you).

Regards,

Greg