Lockheed CL-1200 Lancer

Started by Archibald, May 23, 2006, 12:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Quote:wub:  i love everything in Belgian Markings  :wub:

I have to agree !

Very nice, Archie. Cool looking bird, for sure.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Archibald

Thanks a lot captain...a pity I haden't canadians markings at the time of building otherwise I would have made a Maple-leaf F-13A (or CF-133A :) )  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

QuoteI see you are going withthe TF-30 variant as opposed to the later F-100 variant which has different intakes:
:o I haven't seen the photo you posted, GTX!!! Nice picture of the Lancer mockup... where do you find this one (and the 1400 / 1600 derivatives???!!!)
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Brian da Basher

I really like those Belgian markings and camo pattern! I'm amazed at what you can do with cardboard. Being the cheap sort, I might have to try it out myself someday. Great work, Archie!  :D

Brian da Basher

Archibald

The Belgian markings come from the F-104G you can see on the photos..
but this plane also left me some beautiful Netherlands markings, which could find their way on my TSR-2 (whith Anti Ship Missiles left by my Heller Viggen :P ).
I also have some spanish markings...

I just love the F-104, it was the very first model I made (Revell F-104G, London science museum during my first trip in a foreign country -10 years ago these days- june 1996).
I made a second one  (to replace the first which was really bad and is now only some raw plastic pieces :P ) so this Lancer was the third Starfighter I have bought...

naoto

Ever wonder what a CCV CL-2100 would look like?
The CCV F-104G looks rather odd with that canard (probably because it looks like upper portion of a tail unit tacked just behind the cockpit).
http://www.paulnann.com/images/pn_w6466.jpg

GTX

QuoteI haven't seen the photo you posted, GTX!!!

I'm not sure I understand - was I supposed to post a new picture?

Quotewhere do you find this one (and the 1400 / 1600 derivatives???!!!

You should have received the source material via e-mail - under the title "Lockheed Lightweight Fighters"

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

RLBH

QuoteThe CCV F-104G looks rather odd with that canard (probably because it looks like upper portion of a tail unit tacked just behind the cockpit).
That would be because it is

Tophe

QuoteI just love the F-104, it was the very first model I made
Being French, this is courageous - or maybe you are too young to know, Archie... My generation has been raised teaching the F-104 is awfully bad (the Mirage III being so better) and the F-16 is even worse (the Mirage F1/M53 being the top)...
I resisted this brain-washing and as far as I am concerned I love the F-16 (mainly YF-16, F-16XL, F-16T)...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

GTX

F-16T????  Do you mean the F-16B/D two seat variants?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Archibald

I meant this one, I had never seen it before...
Cconcerning the F-104 bashing, we must admit that this plane was very ambiguous. It performed very well, but was also much more dangerous to fly than a Mirage III. I thought about that and my conclusion is :
The F-104 had a good... fuselage and engine, but the rest was bad. I mean that the tail and wings were bad. Wings were too little, and the horizontal tail suffered a blanking at high AoA, sending the Starfighter into a flat spine (remember the Right Stuff?? ) .
What is interesting in the CL-1200 is it keep on with the F-104 fuselage / engine combo but change...the wings and tail (a bigger wing, and a lower tail!!)

I think that the Mirage III was better than the F-104 (more multirole, easier to fly). I also heard that Lockheed set up a bribes system to push the sales of its fighter...

concerning the F1E / M53 Vs F-16, the F-16 was superior because of its more recent design including FBW...there's no doubt about that. At the time, the M-53 suffered against the P&W F-100, too. The Viggen would have been a better competitor...  

I was astonished when I saw the CCV F-104 with its second tail above the fuselage. When I scrapped the tail of my F-104 , I stayed with a thing very similar to what the CCV F-104 had above its back... and thought about it!!  

Archibald

I made other project the following day (with the same "cardboard" method)

Ollie

Pas mal du tout mon pote!

^_^  

Archibald

Merci monsieur...This is a Breguet naval fighter from 1958 (in this case, no Crusaders for the French Navy!). White missiles under the wings are R-530 medium range AAM (roughly a french sparrow)  borrowed from a Mirage F-1C

anthonyp

QuoteF-16T????  Do you mean the F-16B/D two seat variants?

I don't think so.  There's a T-tail F-16 somewhere on the site that I think Tophe's referring to.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man