Lockheed CL-1200 Lancer

Started by Archibald, May 23, 2006, 12:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

GTX

Tophe,

Thanks for that - now I have to change my underwear :lol: .

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Tophe

Quote...This is a Breguet naval fighter from 1958
At first sight, I thought your Aéronavale model was just a Super-Etendard... Wrong! :(
See for instance http://www.flygplan.info/images/A6r.jpg

All is different! Yours had high wing, low tailplanes, Mirage-like air-intakes... Your Bréguet is far closer to a naval Mirage F1 than to an Etendard. Besides, it may be nice to add close to it a Mirage F1C in similar colors, no? :)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Archibald

EEEeeeerh... it's not my Super Etendard. I bought one in Toulouse on 10 september 2001 (don't know why I remember the date so well  :P )

I think, too about a Mirage F-1 in Aeronavale markings (with M-53 engine, SE decalcs  from Heller). Alas my room is now totally overcrowded by models (160!) there's not enough ... room :P

That's a great concern now!!!
I've got tons of projects concerning Aeronavale
- Anigrand  F9U (but someone makes it, can't remember who )
- Mach-2 E-1B (instead of E-2, for the Foch and Clemenceau)
- Anigrand Skylancer
- Heller Mirage F-1EM
- Heller Mirage IVM (a lighter, naval version of the bomber!)

But I really like the idea of a naval F-1 with M-53 engine... Heller F-1C is cheap (13 euros) and there's plenty at the shop.
(E + M both have flight in the 70's aparently! But the F-1M had the Atar so the Aeronvale said it was underpowered... to solve that, the M-53 engine = F-1E!!!!!! )

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

I forgot
- anigrand P-6M Seamaster
(27F squadron, replaced the P-5M in 1962, based in Biscarrosse lake, not too far from the Latecoere plant! Used for Mirage IV flight refueling, nuclear deterrent, conventionnal bombing, recon, and the like)  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteTophe,

Thanks for that - now I have to change my underwear :lol: .

Regards,

Greg
Now, if I could just convince Matrixone to give my little T-Tail "the treatment" in Photoshop terms...!   ^_^  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

GTX

John,

I forgot to congratualate you on one superb example of modelling with that T-Tailed F-16.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

BlackOps

Maybe something like this Barry?

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Davey B

Damn.  Now I ned to change me kecks...  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

John Howling Mouse

QuoteMaybe something like this Barry?

Jeff G.
No other way to say this: Black Ops: Will you marry me?!

I had NO idea it could look like that!  Damn, but you are talented, Black Ops!

You could charge a fee for this kind of quality rendering to allow us crazies to fully realize our dreams.  I know I'm not the only modeler here who would pay to see his models made real this way.

Wow...

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

BlackOps

One More :)

This is a testament to your modeling skills, I just did a little slight of hand to add to the illusion  ;)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Thanks but my model looked like, well, just a model, before you got to it.

Not only fantastic work but freakin' FAST, too-----How are you able to do this so quickly?!

Okay, forget the marriage proposal: how 'bout a nice life-size bronze statue in homage instead?

This is just boggling my mind.

You could start your own business on the side with modelers!  Would love to see you start a thread where you do this treatment for the subjects on this site that attract your attention.

Still in awe...   :o  :wub:  :o   :wub:  

Brian da Basher

That's really awesome Jeff! A testament to your talent and Mr Howling Mouse's as well. This is another one of those things that just amaze me and make me feel lucky to have discovered this board.

You guys rock!

Brian da Basher

K5054NZ

Jeff, I'd be in for some of the BlackOps treatment, too. Goodness knows I have a coupla birds that I'd love to see "airborne" or whatever.

lancer

Jeff, you are one hell of a photoshop master mate. Those pics really make Baz's plane look so much more lifelike. Amazing work mate.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die