K

MIRAGE!!!

Started by K5054NZ, May 23, 2006, 05:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

Tamiya should be very proud of their 1:100 Warplane series.

This Mirage IIIC (to become one of our IIIK aircraft) is going together exceedingly well, and is a very, very enjoyable build.

THIS is what our hobby's all about! Quick, enjoyable builds with minimum modification. Brilliant!

Unfortunately, due to the small scale, I have no decals suitable for her, so I'll be using the patented X-Toff Decal Solution instead.

You never know, by this time tomorrow my baby could be up and complete. Stay tuned, customers................

The Rat

QuoteMIRAGE!!!, Is there anything sexier?
Yeah, ME!  :P

Okay, okay, finish 'er up, whilst I get me coat...  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Tophe

Great little model, yes... :P  More than ever, I regret having been directed to 1/72 when I was a child, I should have focused on smaller objects. You are the right one, Zac ;)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Brian da Basher

Niiicceee Zac-o-matic! I agree with you about smaller scales! Sometimes a 1/144 scale project is just the ticket to lift me out of a bad case of "modeller's block".

I wish I'd known you needed small-scale decals....I've got a little stash in 1/144 and I could've included some in my last care package.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Brian da Basher

Shasper

The Hobbit is right about 1/100!

One of these days I'm going to make resin ordinance for that scale (and smaller 2!)

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

K5054NZ

Brian da Basher

Ohhh yeah Zacster! I really like your camo job on this one! Mr Howling Mouse is right....you achieve certain tonal qualities with your paintwork that really catch the eye and add to the realism! This is one excellent little build!

Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Zac, I really like the clouds you added to your diorama...they have just the right amount of rain stored in them for that perfect added realism. On a side note, have you considered becoming a hand model?  :lol:

The Mirage is indeed a looker!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Tophe

QuoteZac, I really like the clouds you added to your diorama...
that perfect added realism
The trap has worked!
(Shht... I tell you the secret... The Mirage IIIK was operated secretly by the RNZAF and pictures proved it (see below), then years later the young Zac of the computer generation added giant fingers with Photoshop to look like a what-if model! :D  It was thus allowed to publish these pictures as a joke, and it worked!)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

K5054NZ

Christophe, you saw straight through me! :P  :lol:

Here's some more of my artwork (as I'm beginning to think of it these days) for you to enjoy. Can't be bothered with a backstory, but let's just say that France sold them to us and it was Japan who bombed the Rainbow Warrior over whaling, not "nuclear testing".

Enjoy, and thanks for your support!

GTX

Zac,

That first shot with the setting (?) sun in the bacground certainly is art - nicely done.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

K5054NZ

Thanks Greg - I really wanted an atmospheric shot, and I feel that pic has done exactly that. Thanks a bundle.

At some point I'll do a gallery of my favourite pics. But in the meantime, enjoy this selection!

In fact, here's one of the 'rage before I added the tanks:

In fact (there's that phrase again) I feel this one's slightly better. Judge for yourself, won't you?

GTX

Zac,

I actually prefer the one with the jugs fitted, but this one is nice too.  Kind of reminds me of my RAAF days with the Orions:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

anthonyp

That turned out pretty nice, Zac!  I like the first against-the-sun pic you posted better than the second.

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Sisko

I don't know what it is but that NZ camo stirs things deep inside me. It doesn't matter what it is on it looks the goods!

Nice one Zac :party:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!