S

Westland Wyvern

Started by SinUnNombre, May 25, 2006, 04:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gekko_1

You know I was just about to start work on the RAN scheme and this "happy accident"...........isn't that called serendipity?....................happened!

Quite frankly, I like it! :P

Ya know what, I like it SO much, that this will be the first one! :wub:

It'll be a little bit sun bleached with a little bit if chipping and the wings folded with those rocket pods attached. What do ya think? :ph34r:  :party:  :lol:

:cheers:

Richard.

Gekko_1

Here's the RAN bird in an experimental camouflage scheme B)

Richard.

BlackOps

Oh sure!  Like we're supposed to be able to follow that up!!!   Very nice Richard  :wub:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sentinel Chicken

Very nice, Richard! I'll have some contributions to this thread coming as well, thank you for the blank for everyone to use.

Question- did all marks of the turboprop Wyvern have an ejection seat?  

Gekko_1

QuoteVery nice, Richard! I'll have some contributions to this thread coming as well, thank you for the blank for everyone to use.

Question- did all marks of the turboprop Wyvern have an ejection seat?
Thanks Sentinel Chicken (and Jeff!),

I don't know much about the Wyvern, but as far as I know all were fitted with an ejection seat. Whilst on the subject, I know the ejection seat in my illustration isn't accurate, I couldn't find anything on the net and don't have any reference at home on the Wyvern, so I 'guestimated'! :unsure:

....and yes I do now realise I missed the tailwheel doors :unsure:  :wacko:

Looking forward to your contributions! :D

Richard.

BlackOps

Speaking of contributions...

You know I was working on a RAAF version when you posted yours...I don't think I'll embarass myself  :P
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Gekko_1

Oooooh yeah! I like that! :wub:

Keep 'em coming mate! :P

Richard.

Gekko_1

Radish, this is all your fault! :lol:

:wacko:

Richard.

AeroplaneDriver

QuoteAll the production Wyverns carried a Martin Baker Mk 2 bang seat.  Unsure about the prototypes, likely the mk 1.
I may be wrong, but I seem to remember once reading that the Wyvern prototype had  an ML Mk.1 instead of a Martin-Baker.

Great profiles though guys!  Hard to pick a favorite from so much great work, but that experimental Aussie on seems to be drawing me back an awful lot...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Sentinel Chicken

It's like a virtual group build............

^This one is an Aeronavale machine in the colors worn by French Corsairs with 15F which was embarked on the La Fayette during the Suez Crisis.

^Suppose the Navy wants turboprop power for its attack mission on the heels of the failed A2D Skyshark- fed up with the technical problems facing the Skyshark, the Navy cancels it sooner than it did and wants a turboprop attack type based on one already in service as an interim measure. Given the favorable impression by the USAF of the British Canberra, the Navy reluctantly looks at the Wyvern but wants license production in the US. Westland decides to team up with McDonnell given their experience with the FH-1 Phantom and the F2H Banshee and the aircraft is designated the A2H-1 for US Navy service.  

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

BlackOps

Sentinel...those are straight up gorgeous!   :wub:

Richard, careful Radish is a very clever devil, if your not careful you'll be building and sending kits to him!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sentinel Chicken

Thanks, Jeff. I dig the Israeli Wyvern you did........gots me some ideas now.........

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Gekko_1

Love that Aeronavale machine, Sentinal C, and Jeff, that Japanese Navy Wyvern is so "outside the box" its amazing!

Love the chipping and bullet holes :lol:

Keep 'em comin' guys!

:party:

Richard.