S

Westland Wyvern

Started by SinUnNombre, May 25, 2006, 04:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gekko_1

QuoteYou know I was working on a RAAF version when you posted yours...I don't think I'll embarass myself  :P
I just noticed this comment Jeff :o

Post it man, I'm sure we'd all like to see it! :party:

Richard.

lancer

QuoteLast one for tonight...

WOW!!!! BEAUTIFUL
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

There are some AMAZING profiles there. Richard, the crusader version is bloody brilliant.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Wow, some fantastic profiles in here  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Son of Damian

QuoteIt's like a virtual group build............

That would be a Kick A$$ idea!!! B)

Those are some nice profiles everybody.

I was going to try and make a Salvadorian one similar to this but, loading a file created with some other program doesn't work well with MS Paint.

Another idea could be a Hungarian version, say post 1956 Hungarian National Uprising. And just so y'all know the 50th anniversary is today. :)  
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Sentinel Chicken

Here's one in the later US Navy scheme of Light Gull Gray top surfaces with white undersurfaces. It's one of my favorite time periods in military aviation history from the standpoint of markings- though the camouflage wasn't interesting, some of the squadron and air wing markings were very flamboyant and appealing to the eye!

Gekko_1

QuoteAfrican coastal countries Gekko?

Ivory Coast, sand/mid green like their Strikemasters?
Here we go, Ivory Coast.

:cheers:

Richard.

Son of Damian

The Wyvern looks smarter in that scheme, than any other I have ever seen it in!!! :wub:  B)  :wub:

:cheers:  
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

BlackOps

I'm sure glad this isn't a contest because I couldn't pick a favorite!  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ChuckAnderson

Hi Everyone!

How about a 2-seat Wyvern?
(1) Tandem Seats
(2) Side-by-Side Seats

Of this 2-seat model...
(1) Fully combat-capable version--(Where the back-seater could be a radar operator or even a rear-gunner)
(2) Standard trainer version

Other versions:
(1) Transport version (similar to the TBM or Skyraider variants)
(2) Blue Angels or Thunderbirds version (single-seat and two-seat)
(3) STOL Variant
(4) Twin-engine Wyvern
(5) Resurrected Design: The "powers-that-be" (for their own inscrutable reasons) wishes to bring the original design back, but with a 21st Century slant to it (materials, aerodynamics, etc.)

Chuck

Ian the Kiwi Herder

D*mn..... I was soooooo going to resist the Wyvern, now I can feel the will power draining-away !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Sentinel Chicken

QuoteHi Everyone!

How about a 2-seat Wyvern?
(1) Tandem Seats
(2) Side-by-Side Seats

Of this 2-seat model...
(1) Fully combat-capable version--(Where the back-seater could be a radar operator or even a rear-gunner)
(2) Standard trainer version
There were actually a small handful of Wyvern T.3 two seat tandem trainers produced. It was based on the TF.2, the predecessor variant of the S.4 version the illustrations are based upon.  

GTX

QuoteThere were actually a small handful of Wyvern T.3 two seat tandem trainers produced. It was based on the TF.2, the predecessor variant of the S.4 version the illustrations are based upon.

And an ugly bird it was, as these pics will attest to:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ysi_maniac

And the jet powered paper project that appears in Tony Buttler's book? :unsure:  :unsure:
Will die without understanding this world.

ChuckAnderson

Hi Everyone!

As for the 2-seat variants of the Wyvern, has anyone considered "What-Iffing" it with one continuous canopy rather than the two "humped" canopies on the actual 2-seat design?

The lines of the aircraft would be much nicer, and it would retain much of the single-seat Wyvern's good looks.

Chuck