S

Westland Wyvern

Started by SinUnNombre, May 25, 2006, 04:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Chuck, this one's for you.

As for your question, I use photoshop but any photo editing or graphics software that lets you work in layers will work fine.  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

BlackOps

Sentinel, I'm lovin' the profiles! I keep going back to that VA-145 profile, SWEET!!!  :wub:

I've been having a blast with these, hope I'm not gettin' outta hand. Richard thanks again for the line art!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

GTX

SC,

I love it - the backstory is great too.

Another option might be a UN bird operating in the Belgian Congo during the early '60s.  You coulf use this SAAB Tunnan as a pattern for the scheme:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Radish

That "NATO" camouflaged one from Portugal is superb. Simple and classic.
It could also be used by Denmark, France, Italy and the RAF. And the Irish Air Corps.

Perhaps a Danish one could be very heavily weathered Olive Drab, same as the later Portuguese G91s too. :P  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Ian the Kiwi Herder

OK.... so imagine the Portugese machine, the straighten-out the 'curvy' parts of the basic camo,  add a dayglo orange rudder, wingtips and engine cowl. Add a couple of 'iron' crosses and some four digit codes....

West German Target Tug, circa 1965..... Mmmmmmm  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Guess what the Hunter-Gatherer is planning to buy at Telford  ;)

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ollie

Whoa, nice Werewolf Wyvern!

Thanks alot!

:D  :D  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  

Sentinel Chicken

BTW, the tip tanks on the Wyvern were to be Venom style.  It was cleared for them but they were never used.
Interesting. Got any pics of it with the Venom style tanks?  

Damian2

:wub:

Most excellent work chaps!! Looks like I'll have to source a Wyvern or two!!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Gekko_1

OK guys, inspired by Sentinel Chicken's French Wyvern operating in Djibouti :wub: , I've created these four profiles. All are variations of "Stephanie!". One of these four will be my first 48th scale Wyvern builds. It will be a lot more heavily weathered than the Trumpeter Me-262 model was, but the nose art area will be fresh. Once a profile is decided upon I may repost it in its heavily weathered state.

So; the question is......................which one?

A[/size]

B[/size]

C[/size]

D[/size]

:cheers:

Richard.

BlackOps

I really love number three's splinter pattern but if it's going to be heavily weathered I would tend to go with one of the first two schemes so things don't get too busy, but dang number three is awesome!  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Son of Damian

I like C but I think that the splintering looks a little too jagged, I would go with some thing softer like the black branches in Leibermuster camo. And for some added flavor I would had an occasional light green dot or squiggle.

:cheers:  
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Archibald

stephanie  :wub:
:rolleyes: A kiwi bird with "Lana" would be cool (if K5054NZ agree, of course)

Those wyverns in IDF, Aeronavale, suez and AdA markings rocks!!! In fact all the profiles are cool :)
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Radish

Magnificent, just magnificent.
A splinter camo is just so aggressive and unusual, but the French normally go soft....I mean, normally go for a soft squiggly sort of scheme, so "B" I think.
But I LOVE :wub:  :wub:  :wub: the splinter jobbies!!!

All dirty, weathered, disgusting and fully loaded!!!

Just wonderful :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Damian2

My choice is A: a nice simple design that will show off the weathering well...

Now for a request. Could we see what a SAAF "bush war" plane would look like?? Or maybe one in a Euro-1 scheme?

:wub:
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.