S

Westland Wyvern

Started by SinUnNombre, May 25, 2006, 04:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

I have these photos of Wyverns with different tanks, one is a 230 Gal. centerline tank in place of the torpedo and the other looks to me like either Hunter or Sea Vixen tanks to me.

Edit: or they could be the same tanks  :unsure:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 22, 2008, 02:52:53 PM
I was just going to suggest the R-4360 Jon, you beat me to it.  I would get the turbo-compound version of the engine like a Connie, and use the already in place exhaust nozzles.  I got these a short while ago made by HaHen (Harold Hensel out of Germany) they're in 1/72

Just one thing,
the Connie, Super-Connie and Starliner all used various versions of the Wright Double Cyclone and Turbo-Cyclone (R-3350/C-18/TC-18).
The R-4360 was not used on the Connie.

Jon

kitnut617

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 22, 2008, 03:50:11 PM

Just one thing,
the Connie, Super-Connie and Starliner all used various versions of the Wright Double Cyclone and Turbo-Cyclone (R-3350/C-18/TC-18).
The R-4360 was not used on the Connie.

Jon

Whoops! Major boob   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Jeffry Fontaine

I had made in inquiry on BritModeller a month or so ago about wing tip mounted fuel tanks and was recently rewarded with an eMail containing the attached image of a Wyvern in flight with tanks affixed to the wing tips. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

GTX

Westland Whirlwind II ;D:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

thedarkmaster

Now i do like the  Wyvern II  :wub:  :wub:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

tanktastic43

Wow, the Whirlwind II looks a real beast.
Good job Greg.  :thumbsup:

tt43.

GTX

Thanks chaps.  The things that pop into one's mind whilst walking the dog... ;D.  BTW, I figure there would be at least 4 20 or 30 mm cannon under the nose.

Regards,

Greg

pyro-manic

Four ADENs sounds good.  :wacko: Maybe lengthen the tail a bit, to compensate for all that extra weight up front?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

GTX

Already done, though I do think it still needs more.

Regards,

Greg

rickshaw

Mmm, two engines and four cannons all up front. Be a bit nose heavy.  Any way to shorten the noses on the nacelles and bring them back more over the wing?

I'm now looking forward to your four engines Gannet, mate!  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

JayBee

It must be the heat out there in Oz at this time of year.
That is pure insanity. :wacko:

I LIKE IT ! :thumbsup: :cheers: :drink: :bow: :blink:

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

GTX

Yes, let's blame the heat... :rolleyes:

Regards,

Greg

Jeffry Fontaine

Piotr "Ostach" Ostaszewski has uploaded some images of his 1/48th scale Trumpeter Westland Wyvern S.4 to ARC. 

(image source: "Ostach"/ARC)

Nice to see the kit built and armed with pretty much everything that was in the box...
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

NARSES2

Oooh thats nice  :wub:

Having got another Trumpeter kit for Xmas I wasthinking of Brazilian or Argentine Navy
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.