Tamiya

Started by matrixone, May 26, 2006, 10:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

1/24th scale Hiace delivery truck:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TA24332

All sorts of whiffy fun to be had with that..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Lovely isn't it.  And its right hand drive of course.
I can see some sort of Despicable Me minion themed build.  Maybe with a fart gun turret on the roof.
Or a Q truck.  Sides drop down to reveal  a quad 50 cal turret for dealing with tailgaters.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Sooty van! All kinds of fun to be had with that one.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Hobbes

That's an odd duck. The proportions look really weird. Is this some narrow-wheelbase special?

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Hobbes

Hah, found it:

It's listed as the "quick delivery" variant, based on the HiAce but with a much higher body.

kerick

Zombie collection truck!

"Bring out your walking dead!"
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on November 29, 2014, 10:51:53 PM
Lovely isn't it.  And its right hand drive of course.
I can see some sort of Despicable Me minion themed build.  Maybe with a fart gun turret on the roof.
Or a Q truck.  Sides drop down to reveal  a quad 50 cal turret for dealing with tailgaters.

And of course, you can get minions from RetroKit: http://www.retrokitonline.net/index.php?cPath=12&sid=co5t87em395kbq0p33qhutqti1

Not sure how they scale out mind...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

4 x 4 ( or 2 x 4 ) would be cool !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Keep it in the family - Stick it on a Hilux chassis...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Was looking at Osprey for something and came across this

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2015/04/new-cads-of-tamiyas-mosquito-in-32nd.html

Like bus's. Wait for ages and 2 come at the same time  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Woah. :blink:  I'm just in awe at the number of parts going into the wheels! :o
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

The number of parts in the wheel/tyre units. Just bleeding-well silly IMHO.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on April 19, 2015, 10:34:49 AM
The number of parts in the wheel/tyre units. Just bleeding-well silly IMHO.

I'm with you Jim. That smacks of increasing the parts count just for the sake of it.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

You guys have better solutions to doing rough-tread tyres in injected plastic, let's hear 'em!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?