Tamiya

Started by matrixone, May 26, 2006, 10:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Got my Ian Allan monthly catalogue whilst I was away. At the very back they had an announcement that the old 1:35 M3 Halftrack was being re-issued at £17.99 this month. I ordered it yesterday !!

Was only talking 'bout this very kit with Dork a few weeks back.... In 1980 I cycled all the way from Thornton to Southport and back just to buy one from the model-shop in Bold Street. It was the second ever Tamiya kit I ever bought/built (after the M41 Walker Bulldog). Later I bought the M21 Mortar Carrier and the M16 Quad 50. This last is STILL on a shelf at my mums house some thirty years later, and STILL looks bl**dy good.

Last time I saw an M3 for sale anywhere it was over thirty quid !!  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Army of One

Hello....been trying to find a kit review/sprue shot of their Ka 50 Hokum.....anyone know how good it is....?

Actually....looking at the 'warbirds' range....does anyone know if they are reboxed models of other companies..? Just looked at some of the pics and some seem familiar......like the Su34.....same load out as the Italeri version.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Gondor

Quote from: Army of One on May 15, 2011, 12:56:28 PM
Hello....been trying to find a kit review/sprue shot of their Ka 50 Hokum.....anyone know how good it is....?

Actually....looking at the 'warbirds' range....does anyone know if they are reboxed models of other companies..? Just looked at some of the pics and some seem familiar......like the Su34.....same load out as the Italeri version.....

Most if not all of that series, as far as I know, are Italeri such as the F-4S, Kfir, Rafale C and Jaguar GR-1

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Army of One

Chaps......many thanks......so the A129 will prob be the Italeri one....as will the OH6 and AH6......the H.A.P....that be Revell...?? Seen some advertised for £14.95....seems expensive for a cheap kit re boxed.........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Maverick

Hank, Italeri did the HAP as well.

Regards,

Mav

Army of One

Mav....cheers.....I think I got a Revell boxing that offers the choice of making the PAH2 or HAP....for well under half the price of the Tamiya boxing.....just won a Tamiya Ka 50 for just over a fiver + £2 postage....seems a shame it might (will....!!) be someone else's in a stiffer box......... :banghead:   
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Maverick

I got a bunch of 'Tamiya' kits back in the day including an EF-2000, Rafale and Ka-50.  Suffice to say, they were repops of others, but good baselines.

Regards,

Mav

ChernayaAkula

All of Tamyia's 1/72 kits are either Tamiya's own tools or Italeri reboxes.
If its a jet or a helo, it's Italeri reboxed for the Japanese market. The only exceptions are the F4D Skyray and, if you want to include it in jets, the Bell X-1, both of which are Tamiya's own toolings.
With props, it's difficult. The only "guideline" is that if Tamiya has the type as a 1/48 own tooling, the 1/72 kit is a scale-down of that.

Best way to determine what's in the box is to check with Hobby Link Japan. LINK They specify whether the kit contains a Tamiya or Italeri model.

EDIT: If only they'd downscale their 1/48 A-1 Skyraiders and He 219 to 1/72!  :banghead:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Maverick

An interesting batch of releases for Tamiya, including their old 25lbr field gun along with a Finnish BT-42 SPG, a first for mainstream manufacturers beyond the clunkier kits from Eastern Europe.

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/tamiya.html

Regards,

Mav

TsrJoe

nice, i'll have me one of the BT's,  :wacko:

i wonder who will bring out some suitable figures to go with this and the recent 'sturmi'?

id loveto see 2 sets anyway, one 'normal' service troops walking (with ubiquitous bicycle!) and another of ski troops ('white death') similar to the old Dragon set !
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Army of One

I read somewhere of a mainstream manufacturer releasing a 1/32 P51....I assume its Tamiya as the scale thickness engine covers are held on by magnets.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on July 19, 2011, 06:35:44 PM
I read somewhere of a mainstream manufacturer releasing a 1/32 P51....I assume its Tamiya as the scale thickness engine covers are held on by magnets.......

It is indeed mate and Hannants are offering 10% off making it £94.50  :blink: There was a part built version at the Northern show. Looks very good, as you'd expect, but not my bag.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

In at the big H. I think these are new:

There's a 1/35th Mk.IV tank coming out soon to go with the figures.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Figures are interesting. However they don't look quite right to me, not sure what it is but there's something not right ? Weathering them will be even more interesting.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.