Tamiya

Started by matrixone, May 26, 2006, 10:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Well I've seen other attempts that seem to work OK.

Yeah, it's in 1/32 scale so Tamiya can impress us all with their mould technology, but I don't reckon it's THAT necessary.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Parts count doesn't bother me as long as said parts go together well. Knowing Tamiya, as long as you follow the instructions they should be fine.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

You have to watch paint thickness as well.  Their tolerances are so fine an over enthusiastic squirt can cause fit issues down the line.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 21, 2015, 04:06:37 AM
You have to watch paint thickness as well.  Their tolerances are so fine an over enthusiastic squirt can cause fit issues down the line.

You can get that with the new Airfix stuff, especially as a brush painter
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Looks rather impressive to me !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

The Mossie is now in stock at Hannants:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TA60326

Also, surprised that they've re-released this one, but it's good for whiffery of course:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TA35126

These might please the car & bike modellers:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TA12662

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TA12663
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

I can't find details now but I have seen in a couple of places that Tamiya are reissuing their 1/24 Toyota landcruiser 80 series.

This is a technically brilliant kit which has working independent suspension on all 4 wheels plus turning steering (plus a detailed 6 cylinder turbo diesel - appeals to me anyway!).
These have been very hard to get recently with the last one I saw on Evil-Bay going for over $100.
They would be ideal for anyone wanting to whiff up a 4wd from something different and needing a chassis and drivetrain.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

the turret on the Sgt York is wonderful for all the Tank / AA systems  whiffs
and I may have to get one this time round as well, ( my excuse was I was young and skint when it was 1st released)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Captain Canada

I think I have an old York in that stash that was gifted to me....as I recall I was going to put the turret on the Monogram 48th scale Pibber as a scale-o-rama.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 20, 2015, 10:57:27 AM
the turret on the Sgt York is wonderful for all the Tank / AA systems  whiffs
and I may have to get one this time round as well, ( my excuse was I was young and skint when it was 1st released)

Fit a single, large barrel on it and claim that it's an Americanised OTOMATIC 76mm... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

have to do a plug and play id like to try the old  GAU8  version that ive seen shown round here as well
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Captain Canada

Both would be pretty cool. How about as-is with a Phalanx on top of that ?

:dalek: :tank:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 20, 2015, 02:32:47 PM
Both would be pretty cool. How about as-is with a Phalanx on top of that ?

:dalek: :tank:

:blink: :blink: Add another 15 and half feet of height and another 12,000 to 13,000 lbs of weight?  :blink: :blink:

Steel Penguin

give it some stabilisers and jobs a good un  :thumbsup:    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Captain Canada

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 21, 2015, 10:02:26 AM
:blink: :blink: Add another 15 and half feet of height and another 12,000 to 13,000 lbs of weight?  :blink: :blink:

Ok, pull it on a trailer lol. Hopefully some of us lot snag a few up and do some whiffery !

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?