Harrier update!!

Started by Damian2, May 26, 2006, 12:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

That's one absolutelyamazingincrediblewow paintjob, D2! My hat's off to your talent, skill and patience!

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Very, very, very sweet !  Nice outline breakup, and a cool pattern to boot. Well done, sir!
           greg

John Howling Mouse

Well, you sure surprised the h e l l  out of me with this paint scheme!

Very cool.

Now, I have these dozen or so Starship models I need painted...

<_<  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Wow, that is amazing work!!!  :wub:  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Damian2

Okay guys she's got decals on!!!! I hope you like it!! Its taken me two years to get back to the decalling stage on a project  :blink:

Pic 1: As you can see I gave in 1 concession to my theme of "Symphony in Grey" and that that cool shark's mouth which I got from a Hasegawa weapons set (its meant for a gun pod)...

Pic 2: The topside as you can see she belongs to VMA-331 "Killer Bees!"

Pic 3: Front overhead...

Pic 4: Underside....

Pic 5: The top, if you notice even the pylons aren't all the same grey with the outer two being lighter than the inner two :)

The next step will be a gloss coat and weathering followed by a dull coat! Hmm weathering....
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Still looks great, D2, but that sharkmouth just looks, erm..... wrong, to me. Would it look better on the gunpod/ammo pod ???

NOT A CRIT just an observation. Hey it's your model, I'll get back into me box !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Hatchet

QuoteStill looks great, D2, but that sharkmouth just looks, erm..... wrong, to me. Would it look better on the gunpod/ammo pod ???

NOT A CRIT just an observation. Hey it's your model, I'll get back into me box !

Ian
He's got broad shoulders, he can take it! :D

Looking good mate :party:

:cheers:

Brian da Basher

Wow D2 that's one of the most impressive paintjobs I've ever seen! I'm usually not much of a Harrier fan, but work like this could change my mind easily! I'm astounded by the skill it took to do this.

Brian da Basher

Damian2

QuoteStill looks great, D2, but that sharkmouth just looks, erm..... wrong, to me. Would it look better on the gunpod/ammo pod ???

Ian
:lol:

I looked and it won't :(  it would have been cool though!!

I was thinking for my next one to make the tonal range greater OR employ different colours like brown, blue and grey for example...But on what? My Gripen a Mirage III or 2000? A Mig-21???

It seems I'll have to thin about it!  

lancer

QuoteIt seems I'll have to thin about it!
Don't thin too much or you'll waste away and your stash will have to be shared out amoungst the rest of us.. :D  :D  :D  :D  :ph34r:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Sweet ! Very well done, Damian......I agree about the sharkmouth thing, tho....just doesn't look right. Kinda like it's lost out there in no-mans land.

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

MerlinJones

Outstanding piece of Harrier Whatiffery and I love that camo...so much better than my attempt at 'something different'.

Also agree about that particular shark mouth. The latest Airfix GR7's come with decals for an "Operation Telic" aircraft, complete with a nice, big shark mouth. This shark mouth would work so much better on your Harrier.

Damian2

Ok so the consensus is that the mouth goes? Since you mentioned it I've been looking at it and looking at it and now it looks weird. You tainted it! My art is ruined!

Whatever...:D

I'm going to leave the shark's mouth to my other Airfix model the Hawk.180 I think with the thinner nose profile it will look better...

BTW I've decided on my next plane to wear the funky camo....

-D2

ps. If I were to pass on I could think of no better place than to have my stash shared out than amongst you august gentelmen...

Captain Canada

ps. If I were to pass on I could think of no better place than to have my stash shared out than amongst you august gentelmen...
Don't say that out loud....or we're libel to have the JTF2 boys start poisoning yer coffee.......

;)

And thaere's that Harrier thing again...what a beauty......

:wub:  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Leigh

Looks freakin awesome :wub:
Wouldn't be suprised if it ceases to be a WIF soon, I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Lego Harrier at Mirimar this year.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models