Main Menu

Who Sez

Started by noxioux, May 28, 2006, 06:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

I've been sadly inactive on the forums for much too long.  It's been hard, but my whole life is up in the air, so that's the way it is.  Hopefully I'll be settled down here pretty soon, and back into the whiffing groove.

This is my jet-powered mustang.  The idea was to create a sort of American "we did it first" jet fighter.  It uses the basic fuselage of a 1/48 Testor's P-51, with scratchbuilt wings, nose, and jets.  The rocket pods are just out of a Hasegawa 1/48 weapons set, and the bird has a cannon in the nose.

I liked how it turned out, given that it doesn't have the attention to detail I usually try for.

I just figured I'd better post something.  It's long overdue.

The Rat

MAN! That's a little screamer!  :wub:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

matrixone

A very interesting idea! Cool!

Matrixone

RotorheadTX

Whoa!! Lookin' good!! Great idea and killer execution!

cthulhu77

One hell of a way to announce your return!  That is wonderful...more pics!

Brian da Basher

Man noxioux that was totally worth the wait! What a fantastic idea and incredible execution! My hat's off to you and your imagination and skill!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Simply beautiful!  Todd's gonna love this!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Gary

Yep, there goes another pair of trousers...

wow... simply wow.
Getting back into modeling

Tophe

Great! :wub:  Congratulations!
(could you just add a profile picture, for me to add it in my collection of what-if Mustang profiles? thanks...)
and if there is still a ventral air intake, could you explain/invent an explanation, as the jets are fed separately...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Leigh

Oh yeah :wub:

Welcome back and thanks for bringing a gift.

And I never said the Germans were first 'cos it was the English. ^_^  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Sisko

Very Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

K5054NZ

Way, way too cool!

Me likey very muchly! Perfection! FANTASTIC! So very well done, so, "right". And I';m with the others, more pics if poss.

Tailwheel or trike?

And also, hows about a designation, name etc? Pretty please?

You Can Never Have Too Many Mustangs.[/size]

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Nice return  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

monkeyhanger

Good stuff. I know how you feel, I've said before that most of my stuff is in storage. I'm looking forward to getting my own place again so I can get whiffing and make more contributions to this site.