In-progress pics of new models (5/28/06)

Started by matrixone, May 28, 2006, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

More in-progress pics of my group of models I am working on.

This whiff is going to be a Messerschmitt 'special night ground attack' a/c, in this pic the tail is only taped on for these pics. I need to putty and sand the wing roots before I can glue the tail on.

Here is the Ho 229B cockpit before I glued the nose on the wing center section.

These are the wings to the Horten, this picture does not show it very well but the leading edge of those wings are in need of a lot putty to make them usable. They are just ghastly.

In the background are some kits that I might start later this year.

This last pic is of a true whiff inspired by Dr Lippisch and the Horten brothers, this a/c was finished about 20 years ago and it was one of the best flying models I ever designed. Sadly the a/c is no more, I was doing a full power dive with it and the wing started to flutter and a split second I heard a ''pop'' and the wing exploded and the rest of the plane impacted the ground a couple seconds later. A total loss. If anybody remembers seeing the pictures of the He 162 V1 break up in mid air and crash thats sort of what happened to my airplane.

Matrixone

cthulhu77

:cheers: !!!  Can't believe the level of skill you have...most excellent!

Brian da Basher

I really like the that Me-110 with the different tail grafted on Matrixone. This one is gonna be totally killer. I can just feel it!
:wub:
Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks cthulhu 77 and Brian!

The 110 project is going well, the project you have NOT seen is the Me 410 with the 110 tail. I will attempt to make one of the most ugly airplanes ever built!

But I want to finish the Hortens before my other projects.

Matrixone

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

matrixone

Thanks John!

Another whiff that is on the way is a Fw 187 (Reich Defense) which will be started after the Hortens are finished.

Matrixone

K5054NZ

HORTENS! HORTENS! MORE HORTENS!

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery nice, I can't help but think that Reimar and the other one would approve of the work you're doing to keep the Nurflugel spirit alive! Well done! That cockpit................wow................

Nice other stuff too...........hey, while we're at it, do you have pics of any of your other flying models?

matrixone

Thanks Zac, the comments are appreciated!

I built two flying wing RC planes and they flew very good, back in those days I did not realize what an amazing accomplishment it was to design, build, and test fly those RC planes WITH NO HELP. Months after I taught myself how to fly I joined the local RC club and the members asked me who taught me to fly RC and when I told them I learned on my own they thought I was full of s**t because NONE of them learned that way, they all had club flight instructors teach them. And when I told them I designed my own planes they did not believe me until I showed them my planes, that blew their minds! None of them designed their own planes they all built kits. I was welcomed instantly by the club and I flew RC with them for 15 years until the club was forced to disband when we lost our airfield.

Here is a Sig 4-Star .40 that has been changed quite a bit, it has an O.S. .70 four stroke and has been painted to resemble a German (what else!) WWII fighter.
Note the downward shaped wing tips ( a Dr. Lippisch idea) just like the He 162.

This next plane is an original design of mine and the last RC plane I built. It was designed to be very aerobatic and I succeeded! It can do about anything. Check out the extra large control surfaces. Also note the colors on it are very bright on this one. White on top and black undersurfaces, when doing slow rolls inches above the runway it is VERY important to tell what is top and bottom!

Matrixone

lancer

I am struck speachless by your skills Matrix. Those R/C aircraft are superb. I love the Red Stars and Excellance badge on the last one.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Sisko

Hey Matrixone those models are coming along fine can't wait for some more.

I have both the revell and dragon boxing of the Me1101. The dragon boxing comes with the etched brass but the revell only cost me $12!

I plan to do one standard and one as a stretched nose version with radar.

Keep em coming.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

matrixone

Thanks very much lancer and Sisko!

lancer,
The camouflaged plane has great performance, it is an airframe designed for a .40 sized engine and I put a .70 four cycle in it. I shortened the nose slightly and used micro servos and mounted them behind the normal position and ended up with an airplane that weighs as much as a normal 4-Star .40 but has nearly double the power! It can not only climb straight up, it accelerates while doing so.
I have to use a low pitch prop in order to slow the plane down to do touch and goes and powered landings.
The red stars on the white airplane are leftover from the video camera plane I built, the camera plane had full Russian camo and markings and I figured if I lost sight of it and ended up losing the airplane and somebody found it they would likely turn the plane in to the government because it looked like a Russian spyplane complete with ''spy'' camera. :D

Sisko,
I also have both the Dragon and Revell versions of the Me 1101, I like the Revell kit better because it does not have the PE parts.
My plans are to do a nightfighter and dayfighter...I think the T-tail looks cool.

Matrixone

Chap

Matrix,

It's nice to see a fellow R/C enthusiast on this forum. As usual, your aircraft look fantastic. Here's a pic of one of my recent R/C projects.

-Steve

matrixone

Chap,

Now THAT is cool!

Tell me more about your model, is it a kit, indoor or outdoor, radio used etc. etc.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

You R/C guys totally amaze me! Matrixone, I am impressed as all get out that you designed and built those beauties yourself and then had the stones to learn how to fly such wonderful creations on your own! I am absolutely astounded!

I'm sure that waaaay cool looking FW-190 had 'em speechless when they first saw it!

Brian da Basher

P.S. That's one cool looking Volksjaeger there Chap! I'd like to know more about the engine on it.

matrixone

Thanks again Brian,

I must make it clear that my planes that I taught myself to fly with were powered gliders that flew very slowly and were easy to fly. My flying wings flew great and were very stable and that saved me from destroying them. The Horten brothers and Dr. Lippisch were on the right track without a doubt!

Matrixone