P

F-105 bash

Started by purple_haze4, May 28, 2006, 10:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purple_haze4

Hey guys im new here but i came with an idea. I have a 1/48 F-105 body but nothing else no stabilizers or wings just body and tail. So what do you guys think would look good bashed with a F-105 body im open to anything

B777LR

Wings off a better plane, say a F15? Su 27?

purple_haze4

F-15 probably but should i add the F-105 intakes or F-15 intakes

elmayerle

If you're staying with a single engine, use the F-105 inlets blended into the root of the F-15 wings.  A pair of 1/72 F-15 inlets would work well, though, if you had then to spare.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

purple_haze4

If anyone knows how to make digital renders of 3d aircraft feel free to make a model of wat you think would look good

Radish

Forget the wings....go for a "Hot Rod" racer :wub:

Or, add wings from anything and make it a space-interceptor??

Add little stubby wings, finlets and make it a vertically-launched rocket interceptor :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

Land speed record setting car ?

High speed mini-sub ?

ICBM ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dork the kit slayer

pulled by reindeer...."Santas (led) sled".............I know .......Ill get me coat :D  :D  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Archibald

delta wing, with air intakes in the wing roots a la Hunter...  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

elmayerle

Quotedelta wing, with air intakes in the wing roots a la Hunter...
But keep the F-105's Fieri inlets.  Those on a delta wing would look wicked. ;)

Archibald

Fantastic idea!!!
I'm always asked  myself why the F-105's air intakes were oriented forward??
I never saw that on another plane...nevertheless, this feature combined to a delta wing would be great!!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

The Rat

I'm guessing that if you only have the fuselage then you don't have the wing-root intakes. I like the idea of delta wings, but for the intake maybe you could go for the nose with a central shock cone/radar setup, like the Mig-21.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Sentinel Chicken

QuoteFantastic idea!!!
I'm always asked  myself why the F-105's air intakes were oriented forward??
I never saw that on another plane...nevertheless, this feature combined to a delta wing would be great!!
Good question. All I know is that it had something to do with shaping the shockwaves to prevent engine stalls.  

The Rat

QuoteFantastic idea!!!
I'm always asked  myself why the F-105's air intakes were oriented forward??
Good question. All I know is that it had something to do with shaping the shockwaves to prevent engine stalls.
No NO NO NO[span style=\'font-size:21pt;line-height:100%\'] NO!!![/span]

It was to make it look wicked cool!  :P  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

elmayerle

QuoteFantastic idea!!!
I'm always asked  myself why the F-105's air intakes were oriented forward??
Fieri inlets on the F-105B and subsequent models.  A different approach to letting the shockwave do most of the work, efficiently, and keeping the moving parts in the inlet to a minimum.  The F-103 was designed with one, as was the original Vickers 571, and the Arrow Mk.3.  It's a bit more tricky, structurally, than other kinds of inlets, but it has its uses.  Not to mention that it looks, as Rat said, wicked cool!.  I'm doodling a set on an upgraded Draken.