One for Zac the Strikemaster fan

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, May 29, 2006, 04:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

VERY late entry for the Airfix GB - prolly wont get it finished....

Gonna be from the School of Forward Air Control - 'D' Flight RAF Woodvale, Merseyside 1988. Wraparaound camo with yellow trainer bands.

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

QuoteWraparaound camo with yellow trainer bands.

I like it !

Funny how sexy that bird actually is. Doesn't look it in actual photographs. Must be the tip-tanks ?

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

QuoteGonna be from the School of Forward Air Control - 'D' Flight RAF Woodvale, Merseyside 1988. Wraparaound camo with yellow trainer bands.
Training RAF A-10 crews, right?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

QuoteTraining RAF A-10 crews, right?
Yep !

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Brian da Basher

Wow Ian that's looking good! I have every confidence you can make the June 18th deadline...in fact, it looks like you're halfway home!

Brian da Basher

lancer

Is that the Airfix Strikemaster Ian?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

come on Ian , we both know Woodvale's runway is way to short for Bulldogs, let alone JP's LOL   Nice idea thou
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Damian2

More pics!!! Thats what I want :P

Looking good so far!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

QuoteIs that the Airfix Strikemaster Ian?
Yep..... complete with 'NEW' flash on the box-lid, bl**dy huge moulding dimples each side of the fin, aft of the cockpit and under the intakes. Tonnes of flash on almost everything and wing upper/lower parts that were obviously produced on different machines on different days at different operating temperatures by different technicians who weren't talking to each other or reading the same plans !

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

K5054NZ

HominahominahominahominaHominahominahominahominaHominahominahominahomina
HominahominahominahominaHominahominahominahominaHominahominahominahomina

WOWZA! Finish it! Fantastic! Awesome! Brilliant! Fantastic! Striketacular!

WAY TOO COOL! FANTASTIC! COOL! WOW! FANTASTIC!!!!

*drools over fiancee's expensive laptop*

FAC Bluntie.................oh yeah...............

Sisko

Zac I'm not sure but I get the impression that you like the strikemaster? :D  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

GTX

Looking forward to seeing the final product.  Mind you , I have to give you the blame for putting the Strikemaster and NZ into my head whilst looking at what-ifs:  

I'm now thinking about a RNZAF Strikemaster operating in a CAS/FAC role in Vietnam - say the RNZAF got their Strikemasters a couple of years earlier and decided to send a small contingent to Vietnam to act as CAS/FAC aircraft for the ANZAC Battalion.  I'm thinking of something like a smaller version of the A-37A/B aircraft the USAF used - i.e. a RNZAF Strikemaster armed to the teeth a bit like this Omani one:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

K5054NZ

Greg,

Must I repeat the whole "hominahomina" speech all over again? Sigh......................not only one of my all-time favourite roles, but the best ever jet as well?

DO IT! NOW! WITH HASTE! FANTASTIC IDEA! GO GO GO!!!!

And to encourage whoever translates Greg's fantastic close support idea into styrene:

Ah..............how long until we get one for real? Sigh........... :( 's enough to make you cry...............

Dork the kit slayer

Quotecome on Ian , we both know Woodvale's runway is way to short for Bulldogs, let alone JP's LOL   Nice idea thou
Wrong.......JP's operated out of Woodvale during the 60's airshows.......but I know where yer comming from. :D  :D  :D  :D  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Dork the kit slayer

Quotecome on Ian , we both know Woodvale's runway is way to short for Bulldogs, let alone JP's LOL   Nice idea thou
Wrong.......JP's operated out of Woodvale during the 60's airshows.......but I know where yer comming from. :D  :D  :D  :D  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/