T

Anyone remember that P-38 I was doing?

Started by The Cat a.k.a Meowbag, June 01, 2006, 03:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

Well, I've got a paintjob on it now. Yep, I know some of the lines need touching up which is my own fault for not sticking the tape down well enough, but once I've tidied that up, it'll be pretty good I think. Just the details to do now ... getting close to finishing! Hurrah! :D

(click 'em :))

The Rat

DAZZLING!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

And I've heard stories of pilots seeing foo fighters, but that guy is about to get kidnapped by one.  ^_^  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

lancer

Oh THAT isbloody lovely. You going to bring it to the SIG meet??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

If I end up going I might bring it along :) I may be, *ahem* busy though!  ;)  

The joys of going on the piss somewhere new!  :P

I should have it finished before then, tho, if all goes to plan.

Dork the kit slayer

No...  .but you  showed us. :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Very nifty bit of paint work. :D  :D  :D  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Brian da Basher

Huzzahs and handsprings to you Cat, that's a really beautiful looking P-38! I really like the yellow stripes on the wings. Gives it a sense of speed. Vroooooom!!!
:wub:
Brian da Basher

Allan

Cat
BBBOOOOIIIINNNNGGGGG!
Lovely paint scheme. It'll look even better once you touch up the paint. No too hard by the likes of it.
Allan in Canberra

K5054NZ

Hmm, blue with yellow stripes.......................how familiar.................... <_<

Great stuff Cat! I can't wait to see her tearing around the pylons! Vrrrooooooooom!!!

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

QuoteHmm, blue with yellow stripes.......................how familiar....................  <_<

Have you done something similar, then? Because I haven't seen it if you have! Mon apologies either way  :unsure:

I'll try and get it tidied up this weekend, but Saturday's meant to be a scorcher so I'll be outside if I can help it. Mad Dogs and Englishmen, and all that!  :ph34r:  :lol:  

Tophe

Hey Cat, if I remember well, you told us of a racing canopy, special, streamlined, this may be the most difficult part if you scratchbuild it clear... Could you tell us more, updated?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

I basically just crash moulded a bubble canopy using the original canopy as the mould. It's a bit wider, a bit longer, and a hell of a lot clearer. (trouble is, it doesn't fit wonderfully well, so going to have to tinker with it)

Not got time to go into details, I'm going out on the piss, but when I get chance I'll stick a pic up and tell you all how it was done. Even though I'm sure most people'll know, I guess it may be of help to someone somewhere :)

The Cat

John Howling Mouse

This is super work and a great idea, Cat!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

QuoteHmm, blue with yellow stripes.......................how familiar....................  <_<

Have you done something similar, then? Because I haven't seen it if you have! Mon apologies either way  :unsure:
No probs mate! If anything, it suggests Tom Reilly's P-51 has a UK-based cousin!

I believe the original topic will be long gone, so here's my pics of the P-51D Race #42 "Life, The Universe and Everything".

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

Aha, I see the resemblance! But I didn't know that existed when I did my paint scheme  :D  Great minds, and all that.  B)