Alarm start!

Started by matrixone, June 03, 2006, 12:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

A BV 215 takes off in the light of a full moon to intercept RAF bombers...

...and returns safely to the airfield after the mission just as the ground fog is starting to form.

Matrixone

Davey B

Gorgeous, mate!  :wub:

(Man I wish I was as good as him...) ;)  

John Howling Mouse

The really cool thing is that I went to save the images on my hard-drive and instinctively went to my "Real Aviation" folder before realizing, "Hey, this is a What If *MODEL* for crying out loud!"

Yes, M-1, it is THAT good!!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

matrixone

Thanks Davey and John!

I had no interest in the Bachem Ba 349 DML 1/48 scale kit before now but it would make for some interesting in-flight pictures. Now I will HAVE to get one!
These in-flight pictures are fun to do.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Tell the truth, Matrixone.....your grandfather was a Luftwaffe Feldwebel and those are his pics from the war, right?  ;)

Awesome stuff. Could fool an expert! It's only a matter of time before someone approaches you to use them for the cover of a reference book.

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Nice !

The take-off pic especially. The shadow in the landing scene just doesn't look right to me, tho........
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Aw hell Matrix, you've done it again mate. Simply superb. And the BV215 is one of my fave Luft '46 types.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

matrixone

Thanks Brian, Captain Canada, and lancer!

Captain Canada,
Yes the landing picture is not very good, there is too much of the shadow showing on the ground, it should be much thinner looking unless the camera man was taking the picture from an elevated position.
The tilted angle of the picture was intentional.

lancer,
The BV 215 is also one of my favorite Luft'46 designs, I had the chance to get another one of those Special Hobby kits two years ago but passed it up and now regret that decision. I would like to build one more of them, I had planned on a camouflage scheme of black undersurfaces with RLM 81 and RLM 82 uppersurfaces with maybe a light mottle of RLM 76 on top of that.

Matrixone  

BlackOps

Nice! you never disappoint...I'm really liking your in flight photos :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

matrixone

Thanks very much Jeff!

I will not get to play with the camera this weekend because of all the rain. :angry:
So no experiments with the in-flight pictures for a while.

At least I can spend my time building some new stuff, right now I am building my version of the worlds most ugly WWII airplane, my DML Ho 229B was to be painted this weekend but instead I found some areas that needed putty and sanding so while that is being done I needed something else to work on.
My plan is to get several models ready to paint so I can save some time during the painting process and maybe get more models finished this year.

Matrixone

Sisko

Nice as always!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

matrixone

Sisko,
I appreciate the comment.

Matrixone

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks NARSES2!

Matrixone

matrixone

Wooksta!,

I tried to get hold of John by sending him an E-mail with the BV 215 pics attached but I have had no response yet.
If he needed other pictures of the BV 215 I would be happy to take some new updated pictures of it (or other Luft'46 types that I have).

Matrixone