The wrong Mil 28

Started by Martin H, June 03, 2006, 02:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Around about the time Italeri did the F-19 and Mig 37 kits, they also did a "Mil-28" Havoc. based on the orginal US DOD artwork on the type....boy did they get it wrong. a few areas are close, the basic outline isnt far out and the stub wings are mounted to the engine pods. So its a nice whiff OOB in its own little way. Ive had one in the stash for years, and finaly decided to throw it togeather two weeks ago.

so heres a photo of her built out of the box, no changes at all.

Shes big thats for sure, almost as big as the phantom it sits alongside on the shelf.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

GTX

Martin,

Are you saying the kit is wrong in relation to the US DOD artwork or what the Mil-28 turned out like in real life?  To me the kit looks very similar to the US DOD artwork.

By the way, nice modelling - what was the scale of this one?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Martin H

its as near as damn it to the DOD artwork, its the relation to the real bird thats a mile or two out lol
Unfortunately,

GTX

Martin,

Yes, that it is.  What was the scale of the kit?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Martin H

Unfortunately,

John Howling Mouse

Would have me completely fooled at a show or on a friend's shelf.
The modeler could tell me it's whatever Soviet variant he wanted to and I'd just be noddin' me head!

Nice model, Martin!

:wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

That's a really nice build Martin and I like that camo as well! Reminds me of the helos from Red Dawn. Remember, any large boxes of fruit and pastries left by the side of the road are bait.

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Nice build, Martin ! I like the camo too....

Sure is a funny looking bird, eh ? Looks like it's have plenty of pilot protection, tho...
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

That is very good mate. Very good indeed.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

BlackOps

Looks good Martin, but every time I see that front end I want to turn it into a seaplane  :lol:

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

gooberliberation

I have learned that there is no such thing as an inaccurate kit. They all represent perfect models of whiff-variants :ar:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

gooberliberation

QuoteLooks good Martin, but every time I see that front end I want to turn it into a seaplane  :lol:

Jeff G.
How about a Mi-28BPY Sea-havoc amphibious helo? Just resurface the bottom of the fuselage/hull and add floats to the tips of the stub wings

That way if they land it on ice, no big deal if the ice thaws or breaks :lol:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

NARSES2

Nice one Martin, not a helicopter fan (sorry about that  ^_^ ) but there's something about those Russian birds  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

B777LR

Comrades, today is a glorious day for our motherland!

The Filthy western fools have actually done one thing right! They have designed a counterpart to their filthy sea sprite! Just remove 1 pilot, and add a cabin, and we have a Soviet Sea sprite!

Za Rodina!