Here's something you don't see everyday!

Started by seavixen, June 07, 2006, 10:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seavixen

Not sure what to call it yet, Hellsair? Corcat? As for colour scheme, no idea either. What can I do with this subtle fusion of Hellcat fuselage and Corsair wings....  :blink:

Actually, I do have an idea!  :D

More pics to follow as construction continues!  B)

Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

Archibald

Hellsair sounds great! Hells in the air... for the Japanese of course!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Gary

Dateline 1944, the St. Louis Grumman facility.
As Grumman swtiched  their production lines from the license build Corsairs, arguably the best of the license buld bent wing birds, to the Grumman Hellcat a problem occoured with regard to production figures matching up. It seems that in June the line producing fuselages switched to the Hellcat design believing the wing production line based in Buffalo was in mode with them.
Sadly the letter informing the Wing production line to switch over to the new wings was mistaken for a midnight lunch order. To further the confusion, no one thought to inform the final assembly department of the details regarding the production switch over. They saw wings and fuselages and bolted them together.
The mistake wasn't discovered untill a full 80 aircraft were produced and two full train loads of Hellsairs were shipped from St. Louis.
Grumman spokesmen weren't available for comment.
In a related article, Bennie's Cajin House of Ribs-n-Chicken is in a lawsuit with Grumman over an order to supply the St. Louis construction and assembly plants, employing nearly 20,000 shift workers, with enough Buffalo wings to keep the plant running at full capacity. Bennie estimated this would mean at least an 18 pack plus sauce, slaw, a roll and a Coke for each employee. The catering bill is for $62,000.
Getting back into modeling

seavixen

Hey I like that back story. Great work!!  :D

Strangely though, I now have an urge for take out!

B777LR

Also do a Corcat! (Corsair fuselage and hellcat wings!)

Jeffry Fontaine

Just when you think you have seen it all, along comes another what-if that takes you by surprise.  Now if Barry had not been such a masochist, he could have taken the Corsair fuselage and mated it to the Hellcat wings.  Nope, not Barry, he has to create a bloody soap opera out of it and keep us strung along for well over a year now...

I am now quite curious in a naughty sort of way to see what Hellcat wings and Corsair fuselage actually look like when taped to together...
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Damian2

Holy crap!!! She's gonna look sweet (btw I vote for Hellsair as a name!)...

As for a scheme I say all over dark sea blue with Korean F4U-4 markings!!!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Jeffry Fontaine

QuoteAs for a scheme I say all over dark sea blue with Korean F4U-4 markings!!!
Better yet, markings for an early 50s F4U-6 Corsair in the Navy Reserve with gloss Gull Gray on top and gloss White on the bottom.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Damian2

QuoteAs for a scheme I say all over dark sea blue with Korean F4U-4 markings!!!
Better yet, markings for an early 50s F4U-6 Corsair in the Navy Reserve with gloss Gull Gray on top and gloss White on the bottom.
Those are USMC markings :D again that would bw uber cool!!! Especially with Quantico on the tail!!

seavixen

Little updateypoo for you, still a way to go yet though.

Not entirely sure about the colour scheme but wanting to get my Daughter involved, I left the paintwork up to her!  :o

Shasper

1 phrase:

"Bush War" !

So, throw on some banana 3rde world markings on, slap more modern dumb munitions and call it a COIN bird!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Brian da Basher

I like it seavixen! Your daughter's paintjob and those roundels seem made for each other!

I wish I could paint as well as your daughter. *sigh*

Brian da Basher

NARSES2

Well that scheme could be quite effective flying over the mangrove coastline of Burma/Malaya.

Nice artistic talent cming along there

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seavixen

Cheers for the comments guys. The 'Hellsair' is having some minor tweaks now but should be completed very shortly.

Damian2

Looking good the Seavixen!! Your daughter is quite talented!!

:cheers: