Hawker Typhoon, Tempest, and Sea Fury

Started by Gary, August 15, 2005, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogsbody

Nice one, though if it were up to me, I'd remove the outboard portions of the horizontal tailplanes.
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

tigercat2

Here are a few of my birds from Hawker.  Always liked these airplanes in their various incarnations.

Wes W.

tigercat2

sequoiaranger

tigercat--I am surprised your collection didn't include one of those "Baghdad Furies" the PM made with the double-bubble hoods. I really think they look cool.

Though I would have to admit the ARTWORK on the box looked cool, but it didn't translate to the model. I found out that the box artwork is "off"--the distance from the end of the second cockpit to the tail is greatly reduced on the actual model in relation to the boxtop artwork--the boxtop artwork looks better proportioned, methinks. Seems like someone "photoshopped" a Baghdad Fury by copying the actual cockpit-to-tail portion and pasting it just behind the actual cockpit, then drew it.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

GTX

Staying with the mid-engining theme of the moment:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rickshaw

I'm actually surprised they didn't look at a mid-engine for the Typhoon/Tempest.  Considering the weight of the Sabre, putting it in the middle would have been a huge advantage.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on November 16, 2009, 02:51:56 AM
I'm actually surprised they didn't look at a mid-engine for the Typhoon/Tempest.  Considering the weight of the Sabre, putting it in the middle would have been a huge advantage.

Apart from the poor bleeders who would have had to maintain it! My Dad flew a Typhoon a few times, and his comments on the complexity of the Sabre and the work needed to keep it going were pretty unprintable.  -_-
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ysi_maniac

Quote from: GTX on November 15, 2009, 12:59:16 PM
Staying with the mid-engining theme of the moment:

Regards,

Greg
Look like that Antonov  :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Caveman

secretprojects forum migrant

Just call me Ray

Regarding the mid-engine Typhoon, I wonder if you could move the chin radiator back, if that would, uh, make it look better?  ;D
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on November 15, 2009, 02:01:25 PM
Not unlike the Sea Hawk.

You could stick a prop and Tempest wings on a Seahawk, remove the jet exhausts and then claim it's got a Sabre in the middle and make wing leading edge radiators for it, OR put NACA intakes and slot exhausts around the rear fuseleage and claim the radiator sits behind the the engine...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitnut617

Quote from: Weaver on November 16, 2009, 07:18:56 PM
Quote from: Mossie on November 15, 2009, 02:01:25 PM
Not unlike the Sea Hawk.

You could stick a prop and Tempest wings on a Seahawk, remove the jet exhausts and then claim it's got a Sabre in the middle and make wing leading edge radiators for it, OR put NACA intakes and slot exhausts around the rear fuseleage and claim the radiator sits behind the the engine...

Going along with that Weaver, my favorite subject -- the exhaust turbine similar to what RR developed, the bifucated exhaust nozzles of the Sea Hawk fall right into this, like this below
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

Alternatively, have a flat-12 under the nose, with the cockpit above it, and another flat-12 with a drive-shaft, behind a big fuselage fuel tank. The engines drive independent contraprops Gannet-style.

Sure I've posted this once already, but it seems to have vanished into cyberspace...... :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones