Whatif many indigenous fighters projects

Started by Archibald, June 09, 2006, 06:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Ev, I do believe that the twin engine Arie proposal has F404s.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

elmayerle

Fascinating.  I definitely will have to scan and post the info I have.  *smile* I've got both IAI's data on the F404-powered version and another company's requested review of that data based on lots of experience.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Deino

QuoteDeino I'm sure that, as usual, you have something in your hard disk (I mean, pictures) about these Arye projects :) . Nice to see you here...
Nice to meet You here too !!!  :D  :wub:

Here are some of these pictures !  ....
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Deino

-
W.H.Auden (1945

Deino

-
W.H.Auden (1945

GTX

Hi folks,

Received a reply from the Aviation Historical Society of Australia (AHSA) regarding the "Australian-Built Aircraft, and the Industry" book (s) by Keith Meggs.  At this stage they haven't yet been published, though steps are underway to do this.  They are going to contact me again when this occurs - so fingers crossed.  I will tell more as soon as I know it.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Archibald

Thank you, Deino!! I modeled a CAC XP-68 some days ago  and my girlfriend is coming with its digital camera so...
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Deino

QuoteI notice Novi Avion has got 2 different configurations. One that is like a single engine Rafale and the double delta Lavi look-alike.

The Lavi type as seen in the collage earlier.
Here are some new (at least for me) pictures of both configurations:

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthrea...ead.php?t=21031

Cheers, Deino  :o  

-
W.H.Auden (1945

borntokillagain

dragon

QuoteAnd a updated CG version probably hailing from this website

http://pws.prserv.net/ImaginaryFighters/
Looks doable.  I am thinking an F-18 kit Frankensteined to a Grippen or an Eurofighter wings and canards. B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Archibald

Think about the Novi-Avion... What destiny for this plane? African countries?
Mirage III replacement in south america? Aparently it had Super-530 underwings, so the weapon system was closer of a Mirage 2000C than a Rafale...RDM/ RDI (declassed) radars?  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Hatchet

QuoteMini-Rafale type
DUDE!!!  I seriously want to try and build this one!  Maybe start with an old Heller Rafale A, married to... what's butt end?  It kinda reminds me of something that I'm having trouble remembering right now.
Looks a bit F-20ish to me.

The rest of the plane really looks like a Raffy, like they'd pilfered the drawings of the front end or something (or that Dassault had pilfered them from the Yugoslavs) :blink:

:cheers:

Archibald

...to the butt of an F-16!! someone had suggested that earlier in this thread. I compared my Rafale A and F-16 some days ago and I'm sure this could work :) dimensions are quite the same...

anthonyp

Now that I look at it again, it looks like the hind end of a J-10 minus the underside strakes, and a modified tail.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

borntokillagain

There are 2 versions. The older one has a single chin intake like Lavi and cranked delta wings. The latter design had the Rafale front end.

Can't wait to see whatever you guys come up with :P