Bluesteel

My current workbench consists of:

Mach II Vickers Valiant (just begun),
Lancaster MkII Jet Engine Test Bed (Gregers site GB, nearing completion),
Fairey Gordon (vacform GB here, half-way mark),
Saab Draken (Gregers site GB, 1/3rd complete),
B-17 'M' What-if (1/3rd complete),
Anigrand Thunderscreech (just started)
Jet Provost Mk3 to Mk 1 conversion (1/4 completed, not in photo)
Avro Vulcan (not in photo, just finalising paint scheme)
TSR2 (not in photo, half-way mark)

That's nine under simultaneous build. I think the max I have ever had on the go at the same time is ten models.

How many do others do at the same time? Just wonder if some of us are are 'parallel' builders and others 'serial' builders (not starting another until one has finished)?

Bluesteel

Captain Canada

Looking good ! Love the box art for the Valiant......aaand what's a Gregers ?

I've got waaaay too many on the go to list. But expect a flury of finishing once I move house !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Bluesteel

QuoteLooking good ! Love the box art for the Valiant......aaand what's a Gregers ?

I've got waaaay too many on the go to list. But expect a flury of finishing once I move house !

:cheers:
Yes, the Valiant art on the Mach II box reminds me a little of the art on some of those old Frog 1950's kits.

A 'Gregers' is Gregers Unofficial Airfix Forum:

http://gregers.7.forumer.com/index.php

Which I seem to inhabit a lot of the time.

I do a few 'in-box' reviews of Vacform, Resin and Short Run kits there.

Bluesteel

Scooterman

I do that.  At least 2-3 at any given time.  Dunno why though!

The Rat

I've got about 5 on the go just here in our dungeon, but if you count the half-finished ones in my stash (some started over 30 years ago!), and presently squirreled away in an attic and 2 basements, it would probably be dozens.  :wacko:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

datguy

I often do a half-dozen or so models at once.  [[Uh-Oh - that looks like something my wife shouldn't know about...]] ^_^

In all seriousness, though, I usually have anywhere from three to six kits active at any one time.  I also usually have several in "long term storage."  These are generally high workload (read awful) kits that were not going well and were put aside before reaching the "controlled-flight-into-wall" stage of construction.  :dum:  

DG

anthonyp

Um, uh...  I don't have enough fingers to count that high.

I think I've got twenty on the portable workbench/TV tray at the moment.  Two additional ones came off yesterday (finished them up).  Of those remaining, thirteen need stores, but are otherwise finished, two need their painting finished, and five (all airliner conversions) need to be completed.

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

lancer

How the hell do you get away with not having any broken bits to fix Anthony??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

anthonyp

I got good balance while moving them.  B)

Seriously, I usually don't have to worry about broken bits and what not, as long as I don't tip/drop the contraption while moving (happened once this year, model parts everywhere, lost a good brush, had one and only one paint bottle break, and it was the one I bought the day before).  

That, and the small bits are usually the last things to go on, and they're usually superglued on.  The planes are then moved to the "don't put in the pile o' plastic again" holding area for finishing and storage.

If there's one thing I'm good at, it's stacking and storing things so they don't break/crush what's underneath or around.  You'd be surprised at the sheer amount of stuff I can fit in my full-size wannabe sports car (or how I managed to store my stash in one closet).

BlackOps

Currently I have five on the bench.

My Gripen X-wing
Macross YF-21
German Panzer
F-40 Ghost mars fighter
Vosper pirate patrol boat

Anthony, you have mad skills man! No way I could stack models like that without a tragedy occuring!  :blink:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Hobbes

I've got 12 on the bench at the moment. Or rather, 4 on the bench and 8 in the parking lot (waiting to be airbrushed). Setting up for airbrushing takes so much time I tend to do them in batches.  

Eddie M.

I've got about 10 in the production line. they all sit around whispering, finish me....finish me... ;)  :lol:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

anthonyp

I apparently need professional help.

I moved five out of the pile o' plastic this weekend, and started four more tonight...

:dum:  :dum:  

MartG

Well, after finishing 8 Vigilantes over the weekend, I'm currently working on.....NONE :o

This condition probably will not last beyond this evening though :rolleyes:  
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

nev

This picture was taken 2 months ago.

Since that time I've built a P-47 a Rafale and a T-34.  I'm also working on a diorama base and half a dozen figures.  But of those models pictured here, I've done a bit more work on the Crusader, and thats about it!  :lol:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May