Tomcats and Flankers

Started by Iranian F-14A, June 11, 2006, 02:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iranian F-14A

Well,before I heard off to work today,I wanted to ask for some suggestions on countries to do with either the Tomcat or Flanker.As both are larger and heavier then the smaller Fulcrum,I could only think of a few countries that could or would operate them.

Heres some possible ideas I had so far:
F-14 Tomcat

1.Spain
2.Australia
3.Canada
4.Germany
5.Greece
6.Japan
7.Taiwan
8.Saudi Arabia
9.Poland
10.UAE

Su-27/30 Flanker

1.Iraq-Su-27
2.Malaysia-Su-30
3.Iran-Su-30
4.Thailand-Su-30

Not really too many ideas really.If nothing else,do these then move on to something else.Cobras or maybe Floggers.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever-1984
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk
HAL Light Combat Helicopter
S-64 Skycrane Firefighter

Spey_Phantom

first of, malaysia is going to be a real SU-30 operator as they bought 18 flankers last year.

for the f-14, i was thinking:

-South Korea
-Japan
-UK
-Germany
-Australia
-Greece

for the SU-30:

-Iran
-Afghanistan
-Libya
-Sri Lanka
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Radish

Tomcats...RAF and RN of course (Nigel Blunker's done a nice 43 Sqn Tomcat)
Then,

Australia
South Vietnam
Congo Republic
Egypt
Lebanon
Belgium
Ireland
Paraguay

Flankers.....

Ireland
Columbia
Uruguay
Luftwaffe
Spanish :dum:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

GTX

Quotefirst of, malaysia is going to be a real SU-30 operator as they bought 18 flankers last year.

Yes - I came so close to working with them too :angry:  :( .  Su-30MKMs to be exact.

As for operators:

Su-27/30 etc:

Australia - it was offered;
UK - ditto;
Germany- ditto;
Japan- ditto;

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Iranian F-14A

Yeah,I was aware that Malaysia bought the MKM model,just thought doing one would be cool.Although,it does make you wonder if the Malaysian AF would have bought the Tornado IDS back in the 80s/early 90s,if they'd have still bought the Su-30s or just upgraded them to something like the GR.Mk4.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever-1984
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk

Captain Canada

I'd like to see some CDN Tomcats and Flankers modeled here.....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Matt Wiser

If the IIAF was still around, they would've gone for the F-14D, no doubt.

Check the previous F-14 thread-I've got patches posted that Grumman made for
F-14 export customers (that never happened): Japan, Canada, and West Germany.  No doubt they had others made up for the other demo oppertunities, but those three (other than the IIAF one) are all I've found so far. Main sticking point for all was the price-though that should have been no problem to the Saudis..
Though it's possible the Saudis wanted to make it up to McAir for cancelling their
F-4 order after the Yom Kippur War (48 F-4Es to the RSAF, and Saudi was paying for 24 additional ones for Kuwait that were also cancelled).  
Treat everyone you meet with kindness and respect; but always have a plan to kill them.

Old USMC adage

Iranian F-14A

The Saudi F-4s sound interesting,sure an F-4E model in the 3 tone camo like on their Hawks and Tornados would look really good.Didn't know Kuwait was interested in them too.I did see this one book awhile back,I believe the name was Arsenal for Democracy,that talked about arms sales the US was involved with.It said that Singapore had ordered some of the E models.I believe it also said that Greece had ordered some AH-1 Cobras too.Pretty interesting from a What-if standpoint.May try to pick it up if I see it.
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk

Shasper

not really a *true* Whiff, but whatbout NSAWC/USAF FWS F-14Ds in REDAIR camo?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

upnorth

I think Flankers would look great in Finnish markings.

Have the Finns stay with Russian made stuff to replace their MiG-21s and keep the two green tactical camo the Fishbeds had and put it on to the Flankers

I also think a Tomcat would look real slick in SAAF markings with the hard edge sand and olive over sky blue they used to put on their Mirage F.1s.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Hammer-nikit

Israeli, Egyptian , Saudi, Argentinian, Peruvian and South Afican Flankers!

:)

[]s Hammer

Hammer-nikit

Italian, Mexican, Malasian, Australian, Venezuelan & Chilean Tomcats

Regards,

Hammer

STORMEAGLE

QuoteWell,before I heard off to work today,I wanted to ask for some suggestions on countries to do with either the Tomcat or Flanker.As both are larger and heavier then the smaller Fulcrum,I could only think of a few countries that could or would operate them.

Heres some possible ideas I had so far:
F-14 Tomcat

1.Spain
2.Australia
3.Canada
4.Germany
5.Greece
6.Japan
7.Taiwan
8.Saudi Arabia
9.Poland
10.UAE

Su-27/30 Flanker

1.Iraq-Su-27
2.Malaysia-Su-30
3.Iran-Su-30
4.Thailand-Su-30

Not really too many ideas really.If nothing else,do these then move on to something else.Cobras or maybe Floggers.
I would rather say (also to make things more interesting) :

Greece - Flanker Su30
Turkey - Tomcat

With Turkey getting the Tomcats along with their OHP frigates to phase out the F4Es which were not updated (No Terminator 2000 program).  They would be using the F14s both for Air Superiority and Bomber roles (Bombcats)

Greece turning over to Russia for some Mig 29s (which Iranian F14 has allready provided us with) for Air Defence against the Bombcats and F16s and Su30 for Air Superiority role.

GTX

Hi folks,

Reviving a thread with something I found elsewhere:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Iranian F-14A

Very nice,I saw that myself over on Key Forums.According to what I read over there,this model is called the Su-30MKP (P for Persian). The new Iranian camo looks nice but,I think I may try to do one in the old F-14 style camo on my next day off.Speaking of Iranian Flankers,I just dug out a diecat Su-37 I painted up in old IIAF style camo,along with a Tomcat I did.Should look nice next to my computer.Oh,and another Flanker that would look great in Iranian Camo,the Su-34.
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk