Some new models...

Started by Archibald, June 11, 2006, 11:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

since the Breguet and Lancer from the other day I made a pile of new models, particularly this week when I was confined in my house because of severes muscles pains.
- Mirage IVC
- Breguet 1100 Taon
- Dassault Neuron UCAV
- P-80 Shooting Star
- CAC XP-68 Warrior
Stay tunned...
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

...and now i ave the digital camera so here's some photos...

Mirage IVC (with F1C camo and markings... )

Mirage G (it waits its French navy markings from a Heller Crusader)

Neuron UCAV (I started from Italieri F-19, which canopy is now part of my CAC XP-68 Warrior)
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Tophe

Nice batch! :wub:
Questions:
- is the Mirage IV as real or changed (it seems more pretty than usual)
- what basis did you use to build the Mirage G?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Archibald

Merci!!!
The IVC is scratchbuild, salvo the canopy, which come from Heller free spare parts.
The G is a kind of scratchbuilding, too... the cockpit come from a 2000N, air intakes from a F-104G (my very first model, ten years ago!!!)  exhaust from a
MiG-23. I found the VG system on a old toy (a crude, F-14-like, which make noise and light when you press a button...).

As you can see, there's no decals on the Mirage G... I plan to do it in French Navy markings, and asked Heller their F-8 Crusader decals.
They send me... the sheme to place the decals, not the decals! :P
Well I'll try again... :)

For the NEURON, it's not vey good, in fact I used Italieri F-19 as basis! I didn't know what to do with this "plane" ...  

Tophe

- I am sorry not to appreciate your UAV as it probably deserves: I just need canopies as bird eyes giving a personality (not related to pilots, no need for me). But I know many ones among us love UAVs, I hope you'll get clapping hands for this model too.
- For the IV C canopy: even if this comes from Heller spare parts, are you sure this comes from a Mirage IV at the same scale? I do not mean at all that you should have used such a part: on the opposite, I think you took a wonderful canopy, far bigger, more cute than the real one. I do appreciate this nice face, and if I had known where this part was coming from, I would just have smiled, understanding the secret of your invention...
Cheers and congratulations again...

Spey_Phantom

nice looking aircraft
:wub:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

BlackOps

Hey Arch, I really like the Neuron!   :)

Jeff G.  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

Love the Mirage IVC Archie! Excellent work! They're all winners in my book.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Archibald

Merci!!!! Tophe, the canopy really come from Heller Mirage IVA, 1/72 scale. But there was various part I didn't used, particularly the navigator canopy... yes I remember now! There's 3 parts and If I remember well I used only two of them... Well I'm not very sure!!
Concerning the Neuron, i have difficulties having a good photo of it! Not easy to take photos of a black thing!
I dug a bomb bay in the F-19 (not easy to do!), cuting plastic again and again, and now there's a small cruise missile on it.
Concerning the Mirage IVC, decals come from the F1C I changed into a Breguet 1120 some weeks ago. And there was this Tigermeet strip!!!!
I also glued the recon "canoe" of a Vigilante under the fuselage, just for the fun...  

Archibald

Remember the Breguet 1120 Sirocco? For the mach-2 naval fighter competion of 1956-1958, Dassault made two proposal against the Breguet
- Mirage IIIM (a Mirage III with an arrestor hook and strengthened structure)
- Mirage V (completely different from the simplified Mirage IIIE of 1967)

I made a model of the  (first) Mirage V today...

Tophe

Inusual and Wonderful! :wub:
(and this is completing, more seriously, my Miravelin-2000 of http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...?showtopic=6390 ) :D
Just a question: when you say "I made today", do you mean "I finished today" or are you able to start and finish such a pearl in a single day?? Are you a human or a God? ^_^  

Archibald

To be honest with you my friend, my plane lack
- external loads
- undercarriage doors
- decals (I'm fed up asking Heller again and again... hope they won't send me a huge facture one day :P )
For the rest, it is finished...I just love your asymetric pancake! (this sound strange...)  

Brian da Basher

Wow Archie that looks every bit the speed deamon! I really like that blue paint with the red around the intakes. Great stuff Archie!

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Great stuff, Archie !

I like the big Mirage, nice camo. But I am specially fond of the Mirage G. Looks kinda like one of those Super Galebs.

Cool !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Archibald

QuoteLooks kinda like one of those Super Galebs.

:lol:  I've never think about that... fortunately, there was not friendly kill over Bosnia in the mid-90's (the canopy come from a Mirage 2000D)

Tophe, I finished the Mirage V today (external load, undercarriage doors). Just need aeronavale decals... And don't ask me why this blue paint fit so well in those models!!