Misc completed models

Started by anthonyp, June 12, 2006, 11:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

Here's a bunch I've done recently.  Ever since my car wreck, I've been building at a really weird pace (even for me).  Here's the ones that happened to be completed by yesterday.

First up is a companion to the Seahawk I did for the Airfix GB.  It's a ancient 1/72 Fujimi A-1H Skyraider.  I decided to paint the Seahawk up in one camo scheme from the Dauntless instruction sheet I found in my decals box, and this Skyraider in this scheme.  (I'd like to sea a Skyraider in the scheme of the Seahawk, and may do one eventually.)

Absolutely no backstory for this one.

Click here for more pics
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Damian2

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

anthonyp

Next up is a 1/72 Testor's Swift K.4.  This model is a very simple build, the paint scheme not so much.  I at first used some older paints that didn't quite dry the way I wanted to (ie, one solid color), so I tried to paint over it.  I mean, it's a simple model, I'm not going to strip paint off of it.

That paint ended up cracking!  I don't know how, I mean, the paint underneath had been dry for two days!  In the end, I stripped about half the paint off, painted it up in this psuedo SEA scheme, and slapped two Bullpups on it.  I was tempted to make it USAF, but in the end, it said Columbia.

Backstory:

Swift Columbian Air Force

The Swift was bought by Columbia in small numbers.  It was an unsuccessful fighter, and a mediocre bomber which the Columbians tried to remedy in the late 60's by upgrading the planes to be able to fire guided missiles.  Being able to carry two Bullpups, the fighters managed to linger into the 90's before being retired from service.

Click here for more pics.

anthonyp

HEY, HEY, HEY!!!  I ain't done yet.  :P

Next up is a Matchbox 1/72 Sea Harrier FRS.1 done up for use by Imperial Iran.  I got inspired by the "Harrier exports" thread in the Alternate History forum, and had this on the back burner for a while.  I chose this scheme, as it's based on their P-3 scheme, but has the sand color for overland use.

Backstory:

Sea Harrier FRS.1 Imperial Iranian Navy

Following the purchase of the two Persia class light carriers (aka, Harrier Carriers) from the UK, the Shah needed fighters to fly off the carriers.  The UK offered up either the Harrier GR.3 or the Sea Harrier FRS.1 to the Iranians.  The Shah jumped at both and purchased enough to Harriers to equip six squadrons (three GR.3 and three FRS.1), with two of each type being assigned to each carrier, and the remaining two used for training, with the understanding that another Harrier Carrier might be eventually purchased.  The Sea Harrier FRS.1's had an eventful career after the downfall of the Shah and the subsequent sinking of the Harrier Carriers by the Indian and American navies, serving in the Iran-Iraq War of the 80's, and making it to the 90's before the survivors were relegated to non-flying status due to lack of spare parts.  The below example is shown about two months before the fall of the Shah, ready to launch at an airfield for ferrying to the light carrier Persia.

Click here for more pics

anthonyp

Here's a 1/72 Hasegawa/Minicraft EA-6B done up for use by the RN.  I figure NATO would start using the Prowler as a standard NATO carrier based EW plane, and have crews trained and deployed on all NATO carriers.

Prowler EW.2 (EA-6B) RN

The Prowler EW.2 was the Royal Navy's version of the venerable EA-6B Prowler electronic warfare aircraft.  Eight examples were bought from the US in the early 80's to equip the Queen Elizabeth Class with a ready made EW plane.  The Prowler beat out an EW version of the Buccaneer, as well as EW versions of the Tornado and Hawkeye (the EW Bucc being too taxed, the EW Tornado not being able to carry enough EW gear, and the Hawkeye being too slow).  An additional twenty-four examples were acquired in the late 90's to provide for replacement of the earlier machines, as well as form a squadron for the RAF.  The Prowler EW.2 is capable of firing all manner of anti-radar missiles, including the ALARM and Martel.  This example is shown just in from the Prince of Wales for an airshow at an RAF base.

For more pics, click here.

anthonyp

Last one!

Here's an old Monogram 1/72 EF-111A from the Deset Shield/Storm series.  It didn't have the left air intake cover when I got it off the bargain table, so I had to MacGuyver one up from a drop tank.  I decided to go with the Philippines as I was upgrading their air force.  Plus, I like their wing badges.

Backstory:

EF-111A Philippino air force

The EF-111A Raven was exported to US Allies in the Pacific throughout the 90's.  Australia (20), Taiwan (16), Japan (24), South Korea (16), the Philippines (16) and Singapore (12) all began to operate the EF-111A in support of the growing threats faced in the region.  The following example is flown by the Philippino Air Force, in support of their F-16B and F-15P strike fighters.

For more pics, click here.

Spey_Phantom

i like them, keep em coming  :lol:

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Patrick H

QuoteHere's the ones that happened to be completed by yesterday.

:o  :o  :o You've completed 5 models on one day?????

Cool, wish I could complete 1 model in 5 days  :lol:

seriously, as usual, great stuff. I especialy like the skyraider, even without backstory.

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Brian da Basher

Woa Anthony that Spad is the bee's knees! Those pre-war makrings look soooo perfect on it! There's something about those early U.S. "star-and-meatball" roundels I find almost mesmerizing!

Brian da Basher

Tophe

Great!
My very favourite :wub:  is the linked picture Filipino "modern" with F-111/F-15/F-16 wearing Philippines colours. I will show it to my Filipino wife, explaining this is honouring her country with the very best tools of the 1980s, and I am sure she will smile, saying thanks... So Thanks Anthony! :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Howard of Effingham

anthony! that FAA EA-6B is excellent,  :D

keep 'em coming.
Keeper of George the Cat.

GTX

Anthony,

Another superb set - I especially like the RN Prowler.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

anthonyp

QuoteYou've completed 5 models on one day?????

Cool, wish I could complete 1 model in 5 days laugh.gif

:blink:   LOL!  No, no, no.  These were the ones done by the weekend, ie, these models were completed over the last few weeks, and waiting to be photographed.  I finished three over the weekend (the Skyraider, the Iranian SHAR, and the Airfix GB Seahawk) by putting weapons on them.  Five models in a day would be nuts, even for me  :ph34r:

Glad you all like them!

Tophe, originally, that EF-111A was going to be an A-3B, but I thought the EF-111 would look better with the F-15 and F-16.

It also looks like my FAA EA-6B turned out better than I thought it would.  I originally had the tail being more of a Prussian blue than dark blue.  I think the darker blue makes the plane look like it means business.

:cheers:  :cheers:  

gooberliberation

Aw crap, I can't pick a favorite. They all kick donkey. B)  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

K5054NZ

I'm with Bri, let's see more of that gooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous Skyraider!

Hominahominahominahomina MORE SPAD PIX!!!!!!! :wub:  :wub:

The others look great, I just love that Irani Harrier! B)  :wub: