TSR.2 kits

Started by Supertom, August 04, 2003, 03:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Mmmm...Comet 4. I could use a few of those !

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mairfrog

If this were real would you buy one?

It's a bit rough, but its not the real thing yet.

Captain Canada

I'd buy a few ! Because.....you know it wouldn't be the same kit that your grandfather built !

Good stuff, Mairfrog !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Aircav

Where can I get half a dozen ? :huh:  :D  :D  :D  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

lancer

Awsome Mairfrog, as to wether I would buy them..HELL YES about a dozen or so....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

Now that artwork realy does the trick.

There is a story dating from the 60's that Airfix were working on a TSR-2. But when the boffins from the MOD came to inspect the master. They told the Airfix boys to can the project! Reason it was way to accurate for the MOD to cope with, cant give johny Russki a clue as to what it realy looks like close up.
Mind you, I woundnt be surprised if the KGB achives have a compleat copy of the Blue prints anyway.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff_B

Yep - Bring them on, i could really go for a dozen of them as well.

As to the Russian martin, just look at the Sukhoi T-6 with the TSR-2 style wing, which then changed to the Swing wing Su-24 !!

Cheers

Geoff B :D  

nev

QuoteIf this were real would you buy one?

It's a bit rough, but its not the real thing yet.
Yes, yes and thrice yes!!!  :wub:

That looks awesome!

1/48 would be better tho  :P  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mairfrog

Actually I thought the mock-up box would look rather good next to all those TSR 2 on the Nats stand. Would certainly attract attention. We've got a chap working on instructions, hopefully that'll really complete the effect.
I dare someone to post that pic on e-bay and ask stupid money for it! In fact, if I can mock-up a 1965 style box that would be the ultimate 'collectors piece' :D

Geoff_B

Be even better if we could get a kit to put in it !!!!  :(  

Mairfrog

That will happen eventually, though it may be by Revell or MPM!

Aircav

Maybe we should have a petition on the What if stand, one Airfix and the other for Revell for everyone to sign and hand them in to Airfix and Revell at the end of sunday

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Aircav

QuoteShackleton (btw, saw five on one stand at the Glasgow show yesterday.  A record I believe
Maybe thats one we should try and beat for next year

Sir Sydney Camm

lancer

QuoteQUOTE (The Wooksta! @ Oct 5 2003, 11:57 AM)
Shackleton (btw, saw five on one stand at the Glasgow show yesterday. A record I believe 

Maybe thats one we should try and beat for next year

Maybe we could have Alternative Commonwealth ASW and Maritime Patrol[span style=\'color:red\'][/CODE][/span] as next years theme
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Aircav

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  I can already think of a few :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Sir Sydney Camm