B

HAF F-22A What-If

Started by Brutalos, June 19, 2006, 12:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brutalos

This is a model made specifically for a groub build organized for our modelclub, here in Hellas (www.modelclub.gr). I came here after a kind invitation of Damian, who saw my post at ARC and asked me to post it here also. Thanks to him i now know, that there is a What-If board available :).

This model took me approximately 3 months to complete. Eduard Photoetched parts where used, the ACESS-II seat of Legend productions and alot of scratchbuilding (including the Vulcan and its housing) where done on this one to achieve a certain level of detail.

Gunze acrylics with alot of mixes where used to achieve the 4 different colours of the camouflage, which i called GHOST-III  :lol: . It is painted freehand, using the Harder & Steenbeck Evolution with the 0.2mm nozzle attached.

So here you go, some pictures that show a little "in progress" steps before finishing this kit.

The cockpit with the addition of Eduard set, and the Legend seat.

Some minor detailing to the wheel wells and the missile bays.

Attached on the fuselage.

Brutalos

A close up of the wheel wells and missile bays, after their painting and applying of wash.

The cocpkit. Among the other added details, where some switches here and there.

The canopy base also detailed according to photos of the real thing. Brass and Plastic styrene where used.

Brutalos

The painting in its first stages. It took me approximately 24 hours to settle with the right colours and complete it. The dark blue was repainted 3 times before i felt satisfied with the shade of it. Alot of different shades where used to give a weathered effect on the aircraft. It added significantly on the realism of the camouflage.  ^_^

A general view from the top.

Another view.

Brutalos

A view of the undersides, the camouflage was sprayed in wraparround mode. That required a rather big ammount of time and patience.

The scratch vulcan cannon and some minor weathering done on it.

Transfers applied. This plane belongs to 343 Squadron based on Crete, and it is the 2nd plane delivered to Hellas  B) .

Brutalos

The model after applying the wash.

Another view. The canopy is attached on the kit without gluing as a test.

The final result of the weathering on the vulcan cannon can be seen here. I used postshading technics and Smoke from Gunze to achieve this kind of weathering.

Brutalos

The model is finished. Here is a closeup on the cockpit.

Another one.

A general view.

Brutalos

A view of the undersides. Alclad-II shades where used for the metallic effect on the jet exhaust panels.

Brutalos

A close up on the main wheels. PE parts and brash wires where used to level up their detail.

The sidewinders inside their bays.

The end result has indeed satisfied me, and it worth all the effort and time spent on it. I would definitely try and do another what-if, and the Rafale in 1:48 from Revell is the perfect candidate  :D .

Jeffry Fontaine

Welcome to WHIF!

Congratulations on building a very impressive model from a kit that has received a lot of negative comments.  

This is very well done model and the amount of detail that you have managed to include is excellent.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

gooberliberation

Dare I say, thats probably the best looking Raptor model I've ever seen :wub:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

anthonyp

Ya know, that plane looks really sharp in Hellenic colors.  Welcome aboard!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Radish

THAT'S ABSOLUTELY AWESOME :wub:  :P  :wub:  :P  :wub:  :P  :wub:  :P  :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PolluxDeltaSeven

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Very fabulous!!!

I'm already waiting for the Rafale Whif, with such a beautiful camo I hope ;) !!!

"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Archibald

I'm stunned... Lovely camo!!! Impresive model indeed!!!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

wolfik

wow...awesome... :blink:
its the best ´22 ever seen...the best camo indeed...
welcome ! :cheers: